Brightest 4 AA flashlight

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I am still looking for advise on this topic which I posted awhile ago. Since then I have really been having a problem with this site. It keeps locking up my computer and even the computer I use where I teach so I know it is not the computer. Anyone else having problems or have computer suggestions? Also how about the best 4 AA flashlight?
I am closing in on the brightest 4AA but not sure of the three which one to get. They
are Streamlight Poly 4AA, UKL 4AA, or the ARC LS. I want the brightest and something
reasonable on battery life> Any suggestions, even still another brand. Also one quick
note is anyone besides me having trouble getting in and around this web site. It seems
to lock me up sometimes. Thanks, Jeff
confused.gif

mikep

Enlightened
I haven't had problems with the site recently- i usually just go to a bookmark I made for the 'today's active topics' page.

One thing I don't like about the UK4AA is the lack of a switch. it is very bright, though. Of course, generally around the house or in the car I just use a cheapie 4AA flashlight from Target with an upgraded bulb.

Gandalf

Enlightened
As much as I hate MicroSuck Internet Exploder, for some reason it works much better than Netscape on this site; and this includes my computer at work as well. Netscape always locks up on me.
tongue.gif

I own the UK4AA, the Streamlight Poly 4AA, and the Princeton Tec 40. The Princeton Tec 40 is significantly smaller and lighter than the other two, and has a beam almost as good as a SureFire E2: almost as bright, but not quite as perfect and uniform; close, though. It doesn't have a spot, like the other 2 4AA's; so it doesn't have as much reach out of doors. Light output for the 3 is fairly close, but the Princeton Tec gets the marks for size/weight/cost/good beam. Unfortuntely, it doesn't hace a momentary tail switch, like the Streamlight 4AA, but then it's significantly smaller and lighter. It's the winnner for me, and I tend to use both of the PT 40's I bought way more than the other 2 4AA lights combined. If you don't mind that you have to rotate the head to turn it on, I think you'll really like the Princeton Tec 40. If you need a focused center spot beam, then I'd recommend the Streamlight, mainly for it's momentary tail switch. You can check out all these lights at Brightguy: www.brightguy.com
They stock all three, and spare lamps, too. They don't always have the cheapest prices on every flashlight, but they stock a *lot* of flashlights and accessories, and their shipping is very reasonable: they charge the actual cost, so it can be $4 to $5 for a shipment with several lights in it. I've always been impresed with their service; they ship same day if you order in the morning.
wink.gif
cool.gif
grin.gif

The Arc-LS is in a class by itself, costing 3 or 4 times as much, but being constructed out of HA treated aluminum. I don't think you can really compare it to a 4AA incandescent light.

Free

Enlightened
I tried Opera until it crashed and corrupted the other browsers that I had open. I lost e-mail's and valuable information. I would not mess with it again. At least when Netscape crashes it doesn't ruin everything else at the same time.

For this site I use IE and if you want true full screen, just select to hide the task bar and it rolls completely out of sight in full screen mode.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> As much as I hate MicroSuck Internet Exploder, for some reason it works much better than Netscape on this site; and this includes my computer at work as well. Netscape always locks up on me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You folks might want to try Opera (opera.com). It's not a total replacement for Internet Explorer, but it has alot of nice features, including but not limited to a true full screen mode, mouse gestures, and an auto refresh feature which is perfect for a discussion forum. Easy download and small file - unlike Microsoft crap. It was recommended by another forum member a few months ago (don't remember who) and it's definitely a strong alternative to Microcrap. It doesn't crash nearly as much either.