Tax Season

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone doing their tax? Well last minute tax?

We got our CPA to do ours, but I'm fooling around with Turbo Tax for my parents filling. Anh holly easiness it's a piece of cake. The software just holds your hand 99% of the way. Well worth the $0$ cost after rebate.

With the ADP import of W-2 Form data you can do an EZ filling within minutes.
It seems like most of the deduction & stuff are clearly presented. Luv the interview. Too bad my CPA is a close friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
I haven't started mine yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif I always use a CPA, though, for pretty much the same reason as you.

Malpaso

Enlightened
Did mine on February 1, as soon as I had all the W2s and 1099s. The earlier you file, the quicker you get your refund.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used the software for a couple of years after I decided not to just do the paperwork myself. But I'm never doing it myself again. For the last year or so we've used a CPA as well and it's worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. Not just because they got me more money back that I'd get myself, but because they know with some certainty that they are doing it right. Which was a confidence that I was never able to master /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to H&R block and got them to do it. I was going to do it by myself, but I needed a special form since I have a small business on the side. It made a little over a thousand dollars. With working over time and visiting my mom in the nursing home on weekends, I found I could not get to get the forms and by the two weeks I got it by mail from the website.

Anyway, cost me over 200 to have them do it, got most of my state tax back and a tax credit, so coming out 300 bucks a head after taxes are paid for the business end.