Amondotech 1W flashlight

chrisse242

Enlightened
Does anyone know this light? amondotech

Looks like a nice little light I could give to my girlfriend, she doesn't like tactical looks and this is nice and round and everything.
So, has anyone ever handled one? Quality, modability? Is it possible to put an so17xa in it? Can the led be changed?

Thanks, Chrisse

The_virus

Enlightened
Fur die Frau I'd suggest a AAA or AA light. My girlfriend would never want to spend the money for 123 cells, and ordering online can get expensive, especially internationally. You know her best though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This does look like a nice rounded light though, I'd also like to hear some user feedback on this one.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
das is einer guttes edeh (good Idea). ( I'm not sure about the spelling). The only problem is that it isnt regulated, but it would cost alot more if it were. Nice, small light I think. Battery is a problem though. You might want to look into the AITEC lights.

-David

chrisse242

Enlightened
She already has an arc aaa and one of those 26.000mcd keylights. But she often comes home and tells me "I could have used a brighter light". Cr123's are no problem, I always have some lying around and she wouldn't have to pay for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chrisse

DragonFlame

Newly Enlightened
It's just a guess, but I think the runtime is slightly exagerated. Nonetheless, this little light looks good.
I would be interested in this light as well, so if you decide to get it, please share your findings on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sniper

Enlightened
Chrisse: Meine Frau hat grosse scheinwerfer nicht sehr gern. Ich bin ueberrascht wenn Sie erzagt mir das meine Mini Mag AA mit MJLED und Kroll clickie wird Ihr EDC licht gewerden. Was kann Man sagen? "Ja, naturlich, Leibling! Ich kann sofort noch eins zusammenstellen!"

Bitte, enschuldigen Sie mein furchtbare Deutsch. Ich habe wenig gelegnheit zu ueben. A UK 4AA eLEd ist auch gut! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

E

Emilion

My friend has one, T1 is brighter and throws better. Run time is around 1.5 hours and low light ...no idea how long for low light mode...beam color is yellow tint..

chrisse242

Enlightened
Thanks Sniper, I just don't get why all of you are trying to reply in german (and quite good, by the way)? Is my english that bad? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Seriously, let's keep this in english please, I wouldn't want Sasha to show up here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif.
Of course we all like to see her posting once in a while, but not when she gets angry... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm actually considering a 2aa-light with MJ-Led for my girlfriend right now, but given the amazing fact that she only carries a small purse most of the time, a light that's shorter might be better.

Emilion, thanks, that doesn't sound too bad. Does that mean it's a two-level light? Wasn't sure about this from reading the info at amondotech. If so, how does the switch work, is it low-off-high-off, or is it low-high-off?

Thanks, Chrisse

E

Emilion

Nono, i mean for the first 1.5 hours, it is bright...without big difference, but after that its brightness reduce much and thats "low light"......... for $29, I think the QIII is better choice.

Oh yes, the pouch is ugly, made by a thin layer of nylon....as thin as a windbreaker..

ummmm...ok, some german here "Ich libre dich" (seems to be "I love you", right? :p Thats the only german I know)

chrisse242

Enlightened
Ok, now I got it, thanks and since you asked, that would be "ich liebe Dich" not libre. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chrisse

The_virus

Enlightened
Heh, amusing, I didn't think most of the replies after mine would contain some german as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you're looking for a tiny regulated light, you could go with the UK 2AAA eLED I'm recommending the 2AAA version over the 2AA version mostly because of the head design. The 2AA has the rubberized head which could get caught on stuff (you know how rubber kind of sticks to fabric and other objects?), so the all-plastic, smaller 2AAA would probably be a better fit. It doesn't have that "tactical look" that you said she wants to avoid, and it could definately survive in a purse without scratching or marring other objects, or taking damage itself. Quickbeam's review said the light will run for 19h before 50% brightness.

I can see why you'd want to avoid this light though, the electronics are crammed into it, so I doubt you could do much modding. Obviously it wouldn't be as bright as a Luxeon either, it would be useful though.

I'm surprised not many people have this light, it seems like a good light for those who love the design of the Nuwai .5W 1AA or 1AAA but want slightly brighter output.

sniper

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chrisse242 said:
Thanks Sniper, I just don't get why all of you are trying to reply in german (and quite good, by the way)? Is my english that bad? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nooo.. We were just trying to be polite,& make you feel welcome. Your English is obviously WAY better than my German. Buy her a slightly larger purse--she'll be glad you did! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree, we don't want Sasha in a mood. The Pharmaceutical Wench in high dudgeon would likely be a sight to make a strong man head for the nearest exit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

E

Emilion

The price is good, my friend's costed him around US$30~~ yes, he bought it in Taiwan......

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Chrisse since were all talking in german, maybe you can help me out!

I am a big Micheal schmacher fan and his sponser on his hat is "Deutsche Vermogensberatung" I know "Deutsche" mean's german,(I permform in Europe quite a bit, and can pretty much order meal's get direction's and get my face slapped in several language's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) But the giant V word i have no idea. I do think it's a bank or something. just curious
to whole translation. VDG

chrisse242

Enlightened
Ohh maybe I should give german lessons in the Cafe... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Vermögensberatung does not exactly mean bank, it's more like financial advise, I don't know a better word, it's mainly they tell you which kind of investment is best for your needs.

Chrisse

By the way this is a very good online-dictonary for english-german translations and I use it a lot to read and post here.