A plethora of High Power LEDs...

*Retired*
rgb.jpg

rgb3.jpg

Running 1/3rd power in those photos.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Hey Jar, when I got RELAD'd (Released From Active Duty) in 1969, the first thing I tossed was my can of Brasso! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I'm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif on what the hell you lit there!

Larry

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:
Hey Jar, when I got RELAD'd (Released From Active Duty) in 1969, the first thing I tossed was my can of Brasso! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I'm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif on what the hell you lit there!

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

Old habits die hard, especially after serving honorably as a U.S. Marine for 12 years...

Well, when fully powered, it should be a 178 Watt LED array. Right now it is just sitting there looking pretty, pushing maybe 25W, and sleeping away. It is amazing how extra efficient these things are when underdriven.

Yeah, I was commissioned to build this for someone.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Only thing that I could notice is .... Optically Networked Machines... A bunch of em.... some sort of "Mini Super Computer" Setup.... Power Supplies.... and Other "Navy-Seal" Related things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NewBie... What are you up to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif .....

The Other Day... The "Misterious" Fire.... of 10 Million Real Candle Power... I could look at it only for about 2 - 4 seconds... .... Now.. this Misterious Light Array....

Be Careful NewBie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ... You are being "watched" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif .....

On the Other Hand... The Lamina Array is really good & Very Promising for the General Lighting... & of course the Accent Lighting (if the RGB can be individually controlled)... I hope the Voltmeter Dosent Shoot beyond that point.... ... things are looking pretty dangerous by now... no wonder .... its just still 25 watts....

Just a Question.... What is the Lumen Efficiency that we are looking at.. in terms of Lumens/Watt .... (I know it should be somewhere near Flr. Tubes) but.... still wondering... especially as compared with the Flr Tubes... (65 Lm/Watt)

OddBall

Newly Enlightened
Can you crank it a bit and take another pic pretty please???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am concern about the number of machines in the background, are you running a cluster or something? Server farm perhaps? SETI? You are already an alien yourself with that 178watts LEDs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

PANZERWOLF

Newly Enlightened
the problem with pics like these is that there is no reference at all regarding the light output, it just depends on the exposure time
you could (over)expose a bunch of infinities to look the same
i'm a photographer, btw, so i practically had to say that, sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

that said, i do not doubt that this is one hell of a device /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
koala said:
I too am concern about the number of machines in the background, are you running a cluster or something? Server farm perhaps? SETI? You are already an alien yourself with that 178watts LEDs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, something alot more worthwhile than SETI.

This is one area that drug companies do little research in, since there is not a big cash payoff.

The Rothberg Institute For Childhood Diseases is a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for children suffering from Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC). We operate at the intersection of modern biology, computer science, and chemistry.

The work we do on TSC will also have a direct impact on cancer research, and we will be testing the drugs we find as weapons against cancer. In addition the work we do to create a system to attack orphan diseases will form a prototype for work on other orphan diseases.

TSC is a genetic disorder that leads to benign tumors in multiple organs, including the brain, kidneys, heart, eyes, lungs and other organs. During the first few years, the severity of TSC can range from mild skin abnormalities to, in severe cases, seizures, mental retardation or renal failure.

http://www.childhooddiseases.org/