Yikes!...
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

sabera.jpg

Wylie

Enlightened
Hey,
I make something like that, its not neon and only one color but I bet you can't catch fish with any of those other things.
yellowlaugh.gif
I wonder if thier batteries will last for 48 hours? 28 inches? Try six foot and over with mine.
fca2e836.jpg

I don't even have to charge half of what these guys are getting for those light sabers and mine are dual purpose.
yellowlaugh.gif

Wylie
EDIT: I can make these in other colors. I have also noticed that some of the other prices are competitive with what I am building. My price just depends on how fancy and what color you like.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking that EL would be cool for a lightsaber design. Solid color and shockproof. You could even "fade" it on so it looks like it's powering up. heh.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
doh! I just visted those sites. They are made with EL. I guess I was thinking along the right track!

Aeryk

Newly Enlightened
The plasma sabers have 2 benefits...they have the cool extending effect when you power them on, and they tend to be a little brighter...the main drawback with them is that the plasma has to be in a glass housing...making it fragile...

The EL ones are awesome, nearly indestructible (you can actually have lightsaber fights) EL has advanced to where they are nearly as bright as the plasmas, and they are ALOT cheaper on average (not to mention easier to find, tons of EL saber makers around, very few plasma makers)

Aeryk

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
So how long will we have to wait until one of those companies with the really neat hilts offers one that actually functions as a flashlight?

Zinje

Newly Enlightened
WYLIE........How do you get it to lightup like that? Are you using LED's?

Zinje

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
that one i posted at the top of this thread has sound FX. click on teh link and download teh video for a demo.