What lights have you retired from service?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm retiring my trusty Arc LSL-P from EDC duty as soon as the battery dies. I'm replacing it with my latest purchase, a TnC Key-Lux AA 350mA. There's nothing wrong with my Arc. It has served me faithfully for a couple years now. It's just that it's more economical to run a light off a AA battery than a 123. Not to mention the Arc would be alot harder and more expensive to replace if lost or stolen. I guess it's really kind of a semi-retirement for the Arc LSL-P. I'll still use it, mostly around the house or out by the fire pit. I'm also considering retiring my Arc AAA, but not just yet. Maybe it'll be replaced by a Peak of some type.
So what lights have you retired, are going to retire, or are considering retiring, and why? Either EDC or otherwise.
Another angle to this question might also be, are there any retired lights you found a new use for?

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I don't own enough to retire them, other than a few pathetic home made lights which I retired as soon as I bought a few decent commercial ones.

I don't really retire my good lights, just rotate them so that I play more with a given couple of lights on any given week.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I retired my EDC 2AA Minimag with over 10 years of hard use about 1 year ago. Throughout its 10 year+ life, the only malfunctions were bulb related--blown bulbs. Other than that (all incandescents blow bulbs so I have no issues at all with this light), it has lit up everytime I turned it on for over 10 years. The finish is nicked up from being dropped, yet it still works. I figured though that 10 years + of service is probably asking for too much, and when I switched EDCs about a year ago it was then to an Arc LSH but now I EDC different lights depending on mood.

I'm going to display it somewhere to celebrate its awesome reliability...even though I don't use it anymore I want to keep it to remember all the years of service I got out of this light.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I retired my Mr. Bulk mini LGI (3AAA powered Luxeon mod) gave it to my brother and he likes it.

Retired my Elektrolumens modded 5D Mag with Luxeon V cyan LED. Way too big and my Luxeon V WX1S nFlex Mag mod is brighter and much smaller. I am thinking of taking the LED out of the light and putting it my son's computer... he likes glowing computers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

My current EDC, a minimag with BB500 current regulator and R2H Luxeon is about to be retired. It suffered damage when I was in the desert last time from chronic overheating. Still works but the output is down about 60% (ran over 50 sets of rechargables through it in less than 5 months so it served it's purpose)

My Peak red and UV 5 LED AA lights along with the Arc AAA red LED are semi-retired, next time I go to the desert...they will see action again.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I guess I'd have to say my Dorcy Cool Blue has been retired. Actually the bulb is now in a lantern. Most of my lights are really in semi-retirement, as I only seem to use three or four regularly.

Geoff

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like to call it "retiring my lights" I like to refer to it as "moving them to a more visable location" like my shelf of honor. or even onto my desk at work.

doug

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I dont retire any of my lights but simply allow some of them more down time than others! Actually That's not strictly true, I did retire my MM AAA for approximately 10 years or more until I was offered the chance to obtain an MJLED. It has now been recommissioned into front line service in my scissor pouch.

I am thinking that perhaps my SL propolymer 3C should be retired as it sits in one of our cars and is such a pathetic performer that it is IMHO nearly useless.

Doug

Dynacolt

Enlightened
My mint 8x with 3" turbohead is perpetually in my collection, as are a few older, lesser lights. My BB650 Minimag is an indoor emergency light and my old series 6P stays safe in case I lose my edc 6P. I too can't reire them completely, and with the shelf life of lithiums, I can afford to leave them around the house with batteries in them. It's just a pity that the ones I like to edc are the ones I don't want lost or stolen (HDS EDC, MiniHid)

Dave.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never truly retired any of my lights, actually. I have bought and sold a SF D2 and C2, and a FF, but other than that all the lights I bought, I still have and use almost daily. I did go through EDC changes: from Arc AAA LE to Arc LSH to SF E2e to SF A2. But the Arc AAA LE is my trusty night-time light and lives on my bedside table, and the LSH was usurped by my wife and now serves as her light, and my sister-in-law currently has the E2e for her purse light, but before that it was the kitchen and general house light. And it was excellent for that. The Li batteries were happy just sitting around, getting only light use, lasting for virtually ever. Much like alkalines DON'T! Nothing worse than grabbing the ubiquitous Maglite in the cupboard and finding that the batteries have crapped out from sitting unused so long. It might be crazy to think of an E2e sitting on a kitchen table or in a car glove box ($90 light just sitting around!) but it's perfect in these roles.

DimBeam

Enlightened
My retired lights usually get sold. The only light I ever wore out was a 2 D Mag that I beat up for over 20 years. It was so dented it looked like I had been using it for a hammer(which I did). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

scudinc

Enlightened
My SFs (excluding the KL1) saw almost no use. I love the build quality and attention to detail, but output just isn't that impressive. I sold most of them to a friend of mine, who has since bought almost everything else SureFire makes.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
All but one mini mag W/a ministar2 in it, and my Magcharger. I didn't have a bunch of good light's when I discovered this money sucking opium den of photonic bliss about a yr ago, So my main light's are all 1x123 powered except for a couple of modded solitaire's a couple of dorcy 1XAAA's, and my prized jil lite 1.3.

In order of use i would say it's:
HDS basic 60
jil lite
KL-1 on a vital gear FB-1 body.
SF E1e and E2d. (not so much lately though)
assorted photon freedom, PT eclipse's, and kevL's pico's.
And PLENTY of batt station 123's and a set of r123 li ion's.

You all yanked my sleeve up and hit the vein now i am done for........ So let it ride.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif VDG