Have you ever found a flashlight?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
A year or so ago, I was grabbing a shopping cart in the parking lot at the local supermarket, and what was inside? A beat up pewter colored MiniMag AA. Cool! It still worked but needed a change of batteries, and a bulb because the one in it had silvered over the glass. Yeah, it was worth only a couple dollars, but I thought it was a good find. No I.D. on it so it became mine.
So have you ever found a flashlight?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
was walking the dog, and found one that had come out on the road, skidded, and was pretty bad looking, it was plastic 2d thing, but it still worked, and still does.

the 20$ i found when i ran out of gas, and walked, was a much better find, beings i needed it FOR gas.

i get most of my replacement tools from the side of the raod, they always lose the same size sockets that are popular to use, so i only need one socket set, a flshlight, and a long walk, to replenish my tools.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Yup, I found a beat-up mini-Mag once buried in some sand at the beach. Either the salt water corroded the threads, or the batteries had leaked 'cuz I couldn't get it to work, much less open it to check the insides. I ended up tossing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Penguin

Enlightened
I've never found a light myself, but my friend (who's a NON flashaholic) found a SF E2e!! I told him about 123's at batterystation but he says buying batteries over the internet is just a hassle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

STEVENT6

Enlightened
Yes two 2AA's and one 2d. Found on a street or in a parking lot. Unfortunately only the 2d is good quality. Should a neighbor or someone need or want to borrow a light, that's what they will get.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I was driving on the freeway and as I got to my exit I slowed down, on the side of the road I spotted a blue Mini Mag....kinda beat up. If it was 10 years ago I would have stopped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aloha

Pajamas

Newly Enlightened
You never know what could be inside.....

it could be that the light belonged to a CPF'r (or more likely gift from a CPF'r to a non-flashaholic who then dropped it) and it might have some cool mod in it....

Maybe even one of Lambda's hard to get MiniPros....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
...found a brand new bulk-pack of Duracell AAs in a parking lot once, not a light - but certainly "fuel"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Found this one while caving one day.
I havnt even cleaned it up to see if it works. Might leave it as is, gives it character. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IMG_4929.sized.jpg

JanCPF

Enlightened
Yup indeed:

1) I've found a nice UKE SL6 in about 75' of water at the bottom of the Red Sea while diving there. Fliked the switch and it fired right up with full brightness - didn't even need a battery change.

2) On a wreck here in Denmark at a depth of about 90' I found an el cheapo divelight (Panasonic I think it was) that also worked just fine. I gave it to one of our diving students.

Jan

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
Found this one while caving one day.
I havnt even cleaned it up to see if it works. Might leave it as is, gives it character. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IMG_4929.sized.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's my light!! Well, no, but it looks exactly like one I used to have years and years ago. It was pretty beefy from what I remember. The bulb eventually burned out and I migrated into "better" lights... my 2AA MiniMag... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Disclaimer: this was years and years ago.

stockae92

Enlightened
yes, i always find lights here or there

but then at the same time, the dealer also find my credit card number /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, always seem to find some on B/S/T! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, while camping I did find a little yellow car that had a 3mm green LED in it. That counts, right?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jtice, that light lives under the shelf that holds the system I use to access CPF!! I'm looking at it RIGHT NOW!!

jtice

Flashaholic
ACMarina, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif wth is it doing there!
Mine BETTER be on my shelf, taking up space, when I get home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

I think its a Garrety. but i forget.

StuU

Enlightened
When I lived in Denver, I found a Mag Solitaire AAA right on my front lawn. I carried it throughout the 1990s....Then I also lost it. Hopefully, it was found by someone who could put it to good use.
Stu