rayovac 3in1 3AA flashlight at walmart $9.97

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these.
I have seen someone do a lux mod of the headlamp version (3AAA) which looks rather similar to this light. I wonder if this would be an easy mod for a lux and replace the red 5mm LEDs with white ones. 3AA would give you a decent runtime and it looks like a decent host, I am guessing the switch is electronic/digital.

worklite

Newly Enlightened
yes i have built around 30 of these with a luxeon star. i've probably had mine about 2 years with everyday use at work. very reliable. any questions about the mod just pm me.

worklite

Newly Enlightened
all right, couldn't find it on walmart's website. found it at lowe's item # 46699. model # SPHLTLED. $12.97

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Actually the price was $9.87 I rechecked last night. Is it water resistant? I was thinking it may be a good modded light to put in a car for the size and price.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I am guessing the light has two cells side by side with one on top sort of an L shaped design with perhaps the switch resting in the area of the missing cell. I haven't had one to verify my theory yet. I do not much care for the length to width of 3 cell lights inline, they tend to be too long and skinny. One thing I have yet to see is a 3AA light with a cartridge like the 3AAA versions. You could take a 3 to D adapter and use it instead but if you had a specially made cartridge it would probably reduce the diameter some.

RIP

Newly Enlightened
Whats involved in the conversion?

[ QUOTE ]
worklite said:
yes i have built around 30 of these with a luxeon star. i've probably had mine about 2 years with everyday use at work. very reliable. any questions about the mod just pm me.

[/ QUOTE ]