The SHOE Thread

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

I am curious to hear what people of the CPF world have to say about shoes in general. Things like: What are your favorite companies? What are your favorite models? What shoes do you despise? What's the most comfortable? What shoes do you own and wear? etc, etc, etc,.

I just wanted to start a thread about the things that help us get where we need to go I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So, LET'S HEAR IT!!!!

(I assume Mrs. Sasha is going to be posting on this one quite a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif )

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll start this thread off myself I suppose.

My favorite shoes I've ever owned are Converse All-Stars. I don't know why, but I seem to want to buy another pair whenever I go into a shoe store. Some people I know don't like them because they aren't the most comfortable shoes in the world, but I don't mind the slight discomfort. I love the way they look the most. They seem very classy to me.

I also like Vans and Nike shoes. Nike Air seem to be the most comfortable for sports and being active in general IMHO. Vans are just easy to put on and take off. No tieing needed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif (Plus, they're pretty comfortable)

As for the shoes I DON'T like, I'd have to say that my least desireable shoes are New Balances. I bought an $80 pair last year and I can't stand them. They make make my feet hurt after I wear them for a long time (alkthough they are good for short periods of time (*that's how I was tempted to buy them). I just don't like them I guess.

Well, your turn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
My "freshies" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif ...............

............still on foot...

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoe thread? A flashlight forum with a thread on shoes? I have seen some with led lights in the rear or sides, so I guess it makes sense. Myself, having to need size 14 that keeps me from most popular brands. I wear either nike air series shoes or steel toe boots for the ankle support. Depends on if I will be attempting walking or sitting. My latest job requires dress, so I ended up getting a pair of bush numb boots. On Fridays I wear the nike marathon airs. They were like 20 bucks at a urban store at the mall. Seemed they were no longer popular or something. The boots I got from shoe carnival.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Red Wing makes comfortable and rugged leather shoes for steel toe type work and nice casual varieties too. Skechers offer comfy, durable, work/casual shoes for a decent value. At the lower end of upscale footwear, Florsheim makes (made?) nice dress shoes. Recently, it seems that some of their shoes made in India are not as good as those they had manufactured in China a few years ago.

May I recommend a Pendleton, wool, jacket to go with those shoes? The Pendletons I have were made in Oregon and not overseas.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cobb said:
Shoe thread? A flashlight forum with a thread on shoes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? There's a thread on just about everything else in the Cafe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shoes are so unnapreciated in their time....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Raichle hiking boots. My new pair are a joy to wear. Had a pair 20 odd years ago that I had resoled twice. Those cost me maybe 40 bucks -- last time I saw a pair like them the price was about $220. BTW, my new ones did not cost anywhere near that much.

My most favorite shoes of all time were a pair of cowboy boots I bought at Sears about 30 years ago. I'm pretty sure they were Dingos that they sold under a Sears brand. Never had a more comfortable pair of boots and they cost less than $30.

As for "regular shoes" that I would wear now, I found that Rockports were worth the money -- comfortable and durable. Years ago I found that as I got older (I've been doing that for a long time now), I was more willing to spend money on good, comfortable shoes than on most anything else that I wear. I hate it when my feet hurt, and I stand on hard floors all day long.

Penguin

Enlightened
Shoes? what shoes? my favorite type of foorwear are sandals. Rainbow brand to be exact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Best sandals ever!

verbie

Enlightened
i wear children shoes, and they're not the most comfortable thing in the world, well, the ones with some height /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif if i want women styled shoes, i'd need to order from this one catalog company, which is expensive but not very comfortable. pay good money for something that hurt your feet? no, thank you, so i wear children shoes now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif if anyone know where i can find good, comfortable sandals or heels, let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
leadfoot said:
Where is Sasha.....and her red shoes

Leadfoot

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm right here... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Figured you all would be about sick of my shoes at this point... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have many favorites... usually the last pair I bought is my favorite... which means it changes weekly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ... But I do like these...

Xenashoes.jpg

and of course these...

shoes%20and%20lights.jpg

But obviously neither of those is good (or appopriate) for work... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

So I wear Keens to work...

Keens.jpg

and Keens to hang around the house...

Keens2.jpg

and Keens to go out in the desert...

Keens3.jpg

So I guess you could say that I really like Keens... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But I did just get these little beauties last week...

purpleshoes.jpg

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
"The gypsies said the problem with you, you need some sensible shoes."

Sorry, couldn't resist. There is a difference between sneakers and shoes. For sneakers, I have a variety, depending on what I'm doing, running, playing basketball, etc. But for men's shoes, I myself also am a big Rockport fan. They are a little more expensive then some but very comfortable and lightweight. My last pair lasted me three years.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
No exactly this BASS SHOES model, but I used them for the entire summer here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shoes_ia49111.jpg

purchased them on may/04 my latest trip to USA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pablo

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I'll jump in with my two feet. I wear a pair of Ecco Walkathons which I think are pretty kewl even though most people don't and say they look like comfy bowling shoes. Here is a link with a picture but the tongue is on the outside and I just put it inside like all other shoes. Also I'm amazed at the low prices for these hush puppies. 52% off!! I paid a lot more when they first came out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Ecco Walkathons

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
just some Teva's for the summer (jeez, Sash, talk about a tough act to follow)..

[/ QUOTE ]

BBTL... I like Teva's too! VERY nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BTW... when Darell gets back from his vacation, he'll have to post his collection of Teva's... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

vtunderground

Enlightened
Let's see... Usually I either have on a pair of Georgia steel-toed work boots, or I'm walking around barefooted. I also have a pair of New Balance's, and some no-name hiking boots that I bought because I was poor, and they were the cheapest waterproof hikers I could find.

I haven't owned a pair of Vans in a while, I kinda miss them. Very confortable.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fav. brand is DCShoeCoUSA - i like the rather bouncy single-sole approach. i also like Adidas _1s - the little microchip is so cute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

neg

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
vtunderground said:
I haven't owned a pair of Vans in a while, I kinda miss them. Very confortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it. They're basically a shoe mold filled with padding. lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif