E1L versus E1E

DimBeam

Enlightened
I am not a big fan of lights that do not have some usable sidespill. I am considering the aforementioned lights and it looks like what everyone is saying the E1L has virtually no sidespill. Does the E1E beam have more spill?

scudinc

Enlightened
Get an E1L and a beamshaper for it. The improved efficiency is well worth the occasional and minor inconvenience of taking the beamshaper off and putting it back on.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have, and love both E1e and KL-1. (heads to be more exact, I prefer the Vital Gear FB-1 bodies, because of the smaller size, and ability to stand on end.)

I feel the E1e is a great often overlooked light. pretty bright, for 1x123 incan, very EDC-able. It's beam has a good amount of spill but it's not real noticeable becuase it's hotspot is bright and tight. As much as the KL-1 is often called laser like and so on,, the E1e's beam hotspot is much more tight. It throw's very well,, not brightly like a 2x123, but it does surprise you. for what it is I think it wonderful and unless you want a "light up the whole yard" it's great.

The KL-1 is my fav, and is brighter, very white, and throw's bigtime. yes very little spill but up close it's so bright it will put out plenty of bounce for up close.(still not it's best use, but it will work)
A beam shaper would no doubt be nice on a KL-1.
The beam start's tight then open's up, and really will light up distant target's, the E1e seem's to open less but also does well at lighting up a target, just not as bright or white.

The CPF mantra work's well here buy both! I think john jcciv or something like that, can sell you a KL-1 or E1e bezel and lamp, and you can swap back and forth, also sells the VG 1x123 if you want a smaller size E-series 1x123 setup.

Anyway thats my opinion, can't go wrong with either. VDG