Newbie with SF The Beast #34 in his hands....

Jens_Lund

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Just wanted to tell you my little story... Hope this is the right forum.

I only recently got interested in flashlights. One of my friends showed me proudly his new Mag 3D light and I started thinking that something smaller and just as bright might be available. This somehow got into my blood and after spending hours investing out stuff on the internet, and on the way finding CPF and various review sites I bought my first "real" flashlight, the Nuwai TM-301X-3. Apart from that I only own a Maglite 2xAAA and various bicycle lights...

My investigations also learned me that the Surefire lights in general seems to be regarded as the highest quality (and price...). By accident I stumpled across a physical store in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe (where I live), that sells the SF flashlights (www.protekter.dk). I have since then found at least one other store. And then the other day when I passed the store again, they had on display in the window a Surefire The Beast...

This afternoon I came by again when the store was open and went inside to see the light. Well, it is not exactly a pocket ligt, as it is rather big and heavy. So I would probably call it a portable projector... And it was (as expected) really, really bright although it was difficult to judge clearly (ha ha) in the fully lit room. This copy of the beast was marked as #34 out of 100 and the display offered it for 36.000 DKK (approx. 6175 USD) including tax, vat, etc. (Surefire lights are expensive in Denmark and Europe, but still this shop is on the expensive side compared to the price one can find the lights for at other places in Denmark.) The guy at the shop told me that they didn't really expect to sell it, but rather had it as a way to get customers into the shop...

Cheers, Jens

cy

Flashaholic
welcome to cpf, hope you stay awhile.

WOW almost double Surefire's original price...

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF Jens!
It's extremely rare to find Beasts outside the USA. You are very lucky to have a walk in store that has SureFires and extremely lucky to have one that takes SureFires so seriously!

cy,
Welcome to the World [outside the USA]!!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF and congrats on handling the SF Beast!

For a second there I thought you purchased it, and I thought $392 for a SF M6 was expensive! (haha I ended up buying an M6 just to see the amount of light spilling from the business end of this smaller than 2D flashlight.)