Longbow?? Clicky vs. Twisty

dtsoll

Enlightened
Hey all,
I've got a Longbow eco with a clicky switch, kind of a huge switch if ya ask me! Anyway, how much smaller, if any, is the twisty?? If it is smaller, I thinks I'll get me one. I've been trying to dump the eco, just too big, maybe I just need a twisty?? Your thoughts?? Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the twisty is about .6 inches smaller.

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually prefer the twisty by the huge margin.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
I have a Micra which I much prefer with the twisty
because of the smaller form factor. Also it is a lovely smooth action.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the clicky... because I dont have the twisty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. And I get faster function.

-David

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
John_KK said:
Does the clicky have momentary? Useful that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The clicky is a simple Kroll in a metal sleeve. I really like it: It's fast, the switch itself is easy to maintain if needed and as easy to replace in case of total failure. Best of all, the amount of pressure needed to activate it is easy to adjust. I don't have a twisty and I'd like to try it sometime, but the cliky in this light is one of my favourite switches in all my lights.

Chrisse

dtsoll

Enlightened
chrisse,
How do you adjust the switch to make it easier to turn on? Thanks in advance, mine is hard to push!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine is hard to push too, but I like that because I usually use momentary.

-David

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dtsoll said:
chrisse,
How do you adjust the switch to make it easier to turn on? Thanks in advance, mine is hard to push!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's easy, simply unscrew the tailcap and push out the "switch assembly". You'll now have the switch itself inside the metal sleeve and the rubber boot. Now simply unscrew the switch a little and put everything back in. You may have to play a little with the position of the switch in the sleeve but it should be easy to find a solution that works for you.

Cheers, Chrisse