Any review of Gladius LED light ????

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone done a review of Gladius LED tactical flashlight? It runs on 2 CR123 batteries. The ad from night ops about this light seems awesome. However, I reserve my judgement until I see some comparison review between gladius and SF LED light.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gladius accept rechargeable cr123 batteries?

thanks for review powernoodle. Can this LED light accept rechargeable cr123 batteries so I won't have to use Pila 168s batteries?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Gladius accept rechargeable cr123 batteries?

I will definitely order the gladius. I thought the Innova T4 is awesome but this one takes the cake for sure.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

The brainiacs have scared me away from using R123s in series, so I don't know about that. You can use a 168S, but its a tight fit and the light will blink every 15 seconds because it thinks the battery is low even when it isn't.

best regards

elewton

Newly Enlightened

So, in synopsys, the Gladius won't accept any rechargables and function properly?

Will it accept anthing like a red filter? Is there such a thing as a head band to which it can be fit?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess that I will test the CR123 if they will fit in Gladius. This light is expensive. It will cost me my shirts,pants, underwear too. I will have to go to work in birthday suit next time. I will tell people Gladius took all of my savings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast

picard

The circuitry in the Gladius is designed to handle a maximum of 7 volts.

Any CR123A (non-rechargeable)battery will be fine. Any RCR123A (rechargeable) battery will cause very expensive problems. At least until someone comes out with a rechargeable battery that is 3.0 volts instead of 3.6 volts.
I emailed night-Ops with the same question.

Regarding your last post, don't worry about it. This is a great light and you will be able to temporarily blind everybody so they will not notice you are only in your birthday suit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast

JS burley has rechargeable 3 volt CR123 batteries.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast

does anyone know how far the beam throw? I read the review but no one mention beam throw. Everyone mentioned the spec and how bright the beam look.

Lambert

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
picard said:
I will definitely order the gladius. I thought the Innova T4 is awesome but this one takes the cake for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, that's why it cost $250 even without rechargeable batteries.

[ QUOTE ]
JS burley has rechargeable 3 volt CR123 batteries.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he has almost zero information on it which should raise a flag. He doesn't even mention if it's NiCd, NiMH or Li-ion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif