The Hopeless Romantics

Empath

Flashaholic
This coming October, my wife and I will have our 39th wedding anniversary. Looking at the number, it looks like a pretty large chunk of time. Remembering, and actually experiencing it, it seems only a start.

We've got this little tradition, that could be viewed as strange perhaps. Since she placed the ring on my hand, and I placed the ring on hers, whenever it's removed or comes off for any reason, it's taken to the other to be replaced. If there is cause for me to remove it for some reason while away from her, I replace it. But, when we're back together, I remove it, and she replaces it. Like the title says; hopeless romantics.

Several years ago, near the end of the day, she noticed that her ring was missing from her finger. There's no way to describe the devastating impact, as she worried and tried remembering every little incident of the day that might have caused it's loss. Not an inch of the house went unsearched. Lighting was set up in the car, and every inch was searched there as well. The next day, we retraced our steps of the day before, and inquired of places we visited as to it's return. We never did find the ring. So, when all hope was lost, a new ring was purchased and ceremoniously placed on her finger. It was a finer ring than the original, but given a choice she would have still preferred the one from her wedding day.

And this brings me to the reason I've posted.
I noticed this little news story, and it brought those memories back. It's simply amazing. Perhaps it's not a story of interest to some, but for me it was. If my wife's ring should ever reappear, I can imagine the happiness it would bring.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
happy 39th empath and hope ya find the ring ps i thought you was only like 30.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats very sweet Empath. May you have another 39 years to go with the first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I too thought you were much younger. You must be one of those people who never gets 'old' they simpily 'mature'

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Congrats with respect indeed!! It's a tough world we live in! The wife and I are "only" on 26 years!

greenLED

Flashaholic
My admiration to you and your wife. Wedding rings have some special magic indeed.

We've been together for 12 yrs. I lost my wedding ring a couple of days after we married. I found it days later, but in the mean time, I had to sleep in the couch. Years later, my wife lost her ring. I tried to make her sleep in the couch, but I didn't get to far on that one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Herb - perhaps as "brothers" who went to similar churches but different schools! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif