Eternalight experiences

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my first Eternalight a week or so ago, and I love it. The only downfall is the brightness, I have the Derringer, the three LED model.
I want the biggest, baddest Eternalight that is available but I dont want to make that investment if it isn't alot brighter than the entry level model.
If you don't own one of these things I highly recomend one, it is hours of fun, easy to use and very versitile. If you do own one I would like to hear some experiences with them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Pydpiper,

The big brothers to the Derringer are brighter. They have 4 LED's and run them a bit harder. They also have a few more programs that you can use.

A general comparison of brightness can be made to the Peak 1 AA 5 LED lights. My ARC LSH-P is brighter.

I use mine for camping and it is great. In areas of high ambient light it does not have enough output, but in low light levels it works great. I have done several 8 day trips with it and never had to change batteries, however changing batteries (on the big brothers) does require a screwdriver.

All in all, it is a great light.

Tom

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife will kill me if she reads this.

We were on our honeymoon at the Mirage in Vegas. She was taking a shower, and as a joke, I turned out the lights, and fired up the Elitemax on "dazzle" mode. (FYI my wife likes the Elitemax, and keeps it on the fridge for easy access).

She was laughing and trying to grab a towel...and I guess was just a bit "dazzled". She literally fell out of the shower and RIPPED the towel rack off the wall!

After I assured she was not injured, we laughed to tears...and I proceeded to jimmy-rig the towel rack back onto the wall.

Can't wait to put the new Nichias in the 'ol Elitemax! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob

Geologist

Enlightened
lol

and might I add

lol

I am sure Tom could use *that* story over at techass.com

but seriously : the elite series are the best. Better case material, the magnet, sockets for the screws, the xray and elite have the beacon, and then the best by far is the elite because of the dimmer memory, the overdrive, and if needed, REGULTATION!!! Personally due to the discharge curve of lithiums, I usually leave the regulation off until batteries are well used OR if you need to put regular batteries in the MAX. KUDOS to EL!

sotyakr

Enlightened
FWIW, the EliteMax ships without the magnet attached so you have the option of using it, or not.

[ QUOTE ]
Pydpiper said:
Ever any wallet/magnet issues?

[/ QUOTE ]

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pydpiper, literally you have to mod the eternalight with the Nichia CS's to get the max out of them. Hopefully Eternalight will soon began to do so themselves.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pydpiper...Get an EliteMax; it'll blow the Derringer away!!! MUCH brighter, and if I'm not mistaken the new EliteMax's are now using 26Kmcd LED's. I know that mine is brighter than my SL 4AA 7 LED!

PJD

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to order the Elitemax, also due to a recent boat purchase my Sister and Brother-in-law are most likly going to order one of the marine series.
Do CPF members get a discount through Techass? Not that it would be a decision breaker, but it would sure help out a bit..
I just can't put the Derringer down, I need more options.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Geologist

Enlightened
Just to help you spend some money, theledlight.com has the Elite X-Ray for $45.00. Good Deal! They also have other specials on close outs on various ELs.

By the way, sometimes on specials on ELs, the rubber "cover" is not attached very well. THis is because a certain number of them had the incorrect adhesive. Techass was more than happy to send replacements (I had two light like this - my EL Max and Xray.