Niwalker MM18 II with XHP70 - any reviews/experiences? (Photos Update)

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Re: Niwalker MM18 II with XHP70 - any reviews/experiences?

They come without a box. It's just a pouch. Probably to keep the cost down.
Mine says mm18 only too. Only way to know if it's the version 2 is by looking at the flood led. If it's xhp70 then it's version two.

Okay, how would a neofite know a XHP70 from the other one? I have only been learning about LEDs (in depth) the last few months.

Lateck,

Bruno28

Enlightened

Google xhp70 and the older was MKR. Look at the gap between the four yellow diodes in one LED. The MKR has a larger gap between the four diodes than the xhp70 from what I know.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened

Okay, now that I think I have the newer gen 2 MM 18... I took this light out when I walked my dog... Damn THIS light is BRIGHT! I think it is brighter than my trucks lights are.
I used Turbo and it filled an entire small park in FLOOD (1 block by 1/2 block) Add the spot and I could light up any thing. On an alley, it lit up everything and with spot it reached the entire block. I turned it off so no one would call the cops... :naughty::twothumbs:crackup:
I like the UI as it is simple, one click on and hold to increase brightness. Turbo is a double click from any on mode. Having two separate controls is great.
The only dislike I have is when in stand-by the switches blink green every 3 seconds. I have read that this light will eat batteries. I leave mine in electronic lock out when not carrying it. I have only had Orbronic 3500mAh protected cells in it.
The carry handle is handy :eek:oo: but the light feels good in the hand thou a bit heavy. But a GOOD weight, you know you have something in your hand!

I am VERY happy I have added this light to my ever growing stable (darn this hobby...).

Lateck,

Bruno28

Enlightened

Good review. I'll try and do a photo comparison. Still waiting for the mm15mb and the batteries so I can test all of them

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast

My MM18 killed 8pcs(!) brand new LG and Samsung cell (3500mAh) stored in flashlight, max. 2-3weeks and voltage was 2.0V or less and with Samsung cells 0.7V or less.. as I remember when I stored samsung cells I locked the switches.. so be careful guys

Bruno28

Enlightened

I made a little sticky tape flap that stays on one battery and I flip it to stop contact with the terminals on the positive side. When I want to use the light I do have to pull the sticky tape flap out. But that's the easiest way.

Skeeterg

Enlightened

I would like to send my old MM18 to Vinh for some modding. Then I would really love this light.

Bruno28

Enlightened

These will be the lights that will be compared to each other. Stay tuned on the weekend.
45d54f01f8280f19c2d359c0b7866400.jpg

Bruno28

Enlightened

Here are the photos everyone has been waiting for.
Tried my best. They are all on fixed exposure and focus. I got it to as close as my eyes could see.
I tested 6 lights to compare. MM15, MM15MB, MM18II, C26, TM16 and L6.

Distance is 1.5 meters for the close up tree, then 50 meters for the second set of trees and lastly 106meters for the furterst. And really far away with the building lights at the back is Sydney Central District Buildings :)
The area from left to right is about 25meters from the trees to the house on the right, just so you get an idea of how wide the area is.
Would be cool if someone did a Gif of all the photos.

Enjoy.

Location/Distance

The lights

Front end

Close up of front end

Beam shots

Last edited:

Lateck

Newly Enlightened

Thank you....
Very impressive how the 3 Niwalkers FILL the area and have some reach. The MM18II is good at both ends.
Great detail, thanks again.

Lateck,

Bruno28

Enlightened

Thank you....
Very impressive how the 3 Niwalkers FILL the area and have some reach. The MM18II is good at both ends.
Great detail, thanks again.

Lateck,

Like i said before the MM18II is a complete package. Its the MM15mb + C26 together. Its pretty great light. I do like the mm15mb as its smaller.
As you can see the mm15 and mm15mb look the same to be honest. Cants see the 5233lm vs 6800lm (some say its 7000lm) difference.

ven

Flashaholic

Awesome shots!! thanks for taking the time:twothumbs

I only have the mm15vn(boosted to around 7300lm) and love it!. Real nice 5000k flood.