A light I would like to see made.

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
A N-cell size rechargeable battery,DD drive Luxeon III two stage (min), reflector keychain light. Aluminum HA-III for light weight.

Its coming to this anyway, smaller and brighter.

Any comments?

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
glockboy said:
three minutes run time?

[/ QUOTE ]

The N-cell is the size of the cell. The cell would be rechargeable lithium. It would have to be to give brightness. I should have stated 3.6 volt lithium. Given that the light would have multiple power levels, run time would be considerably longer than three minutes. A modded two stage Orb gets 10 minutes / 4 hours low stage.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a source for such a cell ? If you do, it is not so hard to make a DD N cell size light. Making it 2 stage is slightly harder.

I have some optics for a light in that general size range.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
Why N cells ? 123's are pretty small. Actually the Nuwai 5 watt lights (one 4 C for the van,one 4C for home and the 123A for work)would be perfect if they didn't just cut out when the regulation gives out.They should at least blink 10 or 15 minutes before the batteries are completely dead!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
10ma/30ma/100mA/250mA variable output SWAK K2 Luxeon driven by a 1000mAH NiMH AAA battery. Make the head 25% larger than the body to hold the current regulator and a larger reflector.

My second light would be a 10ma/40mA/120mA/350mA variable output SWAK K2 Luxeon driven by a 2500mAH NiMH AA battery. Three 3mm red LED imbedded in the reflector that also have 4 position variable output. Make the head 15% larger than the body.

Both lights black HA-III aluminum, waterproof and with a rotating magnetic ring for adjustment (Surefire U2) and a twisty head for on/off.

One can dream....