Don't Understand FLuPic

racerx2oo3

Newly Enlightened
Don\'t Understand FLuPic

Well, I understand it at a basic level. But after reading the thread on Goldserves sig line, I still don't understand exactly what one would do to add a FLuPic to a QIII.

I'm thinking of picking up a QIII at some point in the future. I will probably either get one of Warrens HA3 QIII's, or just get a regular QIII and modify it with a FLuPic. But I can't for the life of me figure out how one accomplishes this modification.

Galiphrey

Enlightened
Re: Don\'t Understand FLuPic

<double post> Goldserve's answer's better than mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

racerx2oo3,

The FLuPIC is the firmware that drives the converter board. Right now, I have boards made for the FFIII and it will also fit the JIL 1.3Ws without modification. In order to fit it into the Q3, you would require to modify the existing board and hook up the driver board inside the Q3 'Can'. I have done two of these mods for ppl so they are easy enough to do if you have a soldering iron.

racerx2oo3

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Goldserve, so for the QIII FLuPIC V2.0 Mod listed in your sig, is that the price for the convertor board and firmware, or just the firmware? Or am I missing the whole point completely?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

The price is for the converter board + the firmware. The confusing part is FLuPIC is the name of the project and I could say FLuPIC board is the converter I have right now.

If and when you do get your Q3, I can mod the driver board for you if you take apart the Q3 and send the driver board my way.

Galiphrey

Enlightened

racerx2oo3, just a small consideration to add: if you decide on the HA Q-III, it'll be slightly easier for you, because you can skip the boiling-water business.