The Mutt of the week

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Guys Over the years i have collected many bits and peices. I have also attempted to put a few of them tohether to make ne lights. Some may have surefire parts maixe with aleph parts and so on.
I figure it is time for us to share some of thes with each other.
Here is one of my favorites.
It is an aleph 2 head with a LUXV being driven at about 750ma by a badboy driver. That sombody made for me. It is a beadblasted body from australia and a surefire clicky tail switch.

DSCN7532sm.jpg

It produces a big fat wide white beam that fills a whole room.Almost no hotspot. Run time? Who knows it gets too hot to let it run too long. It is just neat and sorta cool.
This light has parts in it that were hand made from aroung the world .
My mut for the week. I have to say that this Mutt will allways be this light. I have many mutts that have come and gone on to become parts of other lights.

Got a mutt?
Show it off here!!
Yaesumofo

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Nice Mutt, Yaesumofo. Just last night I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Arc LS 2AA tailpack (which I never use) for the back end of a Frankenlight.

Geoff

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
No machine work.
I like the idea of reasurecting a couple of ARC AA bodies. I will be looking into this.
I will post another Mutt next week.
Come on guys please post your best or worst mutt. Are people so hung up on brand name flashlight? I like the yaesumofo brand. I know my little light ceratinly cannot compare with some of the amazing one off creations I have seen a few of around here. I really have fun playing with things like the UBH.
It is just fun, like tying a fly is fin.
Yaesumofo

GarageBoy said:
Did you machine out the A2?

cy

Flashaholic
yep, M2 shock isolated bezel, with Mclux CR2 body and Z52 surefire with McE2S.

here's the E2C adapter and 3watt LED module used.

3watt module.JPG

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice mutt cy. Sick thing about this is now that I have sen yours I can make almost the same light. I might make one with the KL-3 or maybe an OLD shock absorbing head and a p60 lamp. Maybe dtick this on top of the 2 cr2 body . This is crazy. Today I was playing with an aleph 2 head on a single cr123 body of some kind with a black non click tail cap The kicker is the lux III on top of another bad boy with a maxoutput set up. This tiny little thing is as bright as My mutt of the week.
There is just so much er can do with all of these little bits and peices.
Keep 'em comming now we are getting somewhere.
Yaesumofo

cy said:
thought you were refering to mutt :D

here's one

m2%20e2c%202.JPG

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSCN7557smcr.jpg

When I started out buying lights My first real light was a sure fire 6P. In Green. Green was a bad choice at the time because no accessories were available in green. So I started picking up parts in black HA but I have never seen green stuff.

So recently I picked up a new version KL-3 (I have an old on on a old black body now it is so cool looking the emitter is a bit on the purple side.) So The new KL-3 comes in the HA III or HA natural Color. None of the surefire tubes are HA I would love a HA 6P BTW if anyone out there has one.
Anyway Oldgrandpajack contacted me asking if a L5 body would do. Well it is HA somthing. So I get this L5 body Thanks OLDGRANDPAJACK. OK so I put together a new light which is a KL-3 head on a L5 body and a big old Z-48 tail. From a looks point of view this light looks so space age and modern. the Annodizing doesn't come close to matching there are like 4 different shades of anodizing. I don't care at all about that it still looks neat. I may have to go out and find a L5 head for this thing. The L5 body certainly is an interesting departure with the round and square machining with the rubber inlay. If anybody cares and responds I will take a picture of this weeks mutt and post it.

I am pretty excited I picked up a bunch of another CPF'rs cast offs.
here is what I picked up:
1 black Balrog body size 123A (not perfect but never used)
1 black Balrog body size Pila 150S (not perfect but never used)
1 HA-nat Balrog body size Pila 150S
1 black Surefire E1e/E2e head without bulb
1 Ha-nat Surefire E1e/E2e head without bulb
1 black Surefire LotC tailcap (shiny..not HA III)
1 Black McGizmo modded 2 stages LotC tailcap (shiny..not HAIII) (Yellow screw..I don't remember the resistors values)
1 Ha III-nat Surefire Lotc tailcap

With these I will be able to have some fun I am sure.
Hey I have an idea. What about setting up a parts exchange.
Works like this.
A group, like us create a pool of parts all donated. Now this is how it works if you need a part that is listed claim it. Then send a part to the parts holder (pick somebody or I will do it). The parts holder will send the claimed part to the new part owner.
Any body interested. This is done in the spirit of cpf. it is a parts trading service. You need somthing you take it while leaving somthing in exchange.
If there is a glut of certain parts then a temporary moratorium can be placed on that particular type part.
This only works if people treat it with respect and not misuse it. offering a d cell battery spring in exchange for a balrog a123 body wouldn't work too well for example.
Any interest? I have a 1/2 dozen good parts I will donate. We need to start by building up an inventory for the first week or so.
Are you guys up for it? I will set it up in the BST that where it belongs .
Yaesumofo

Last edited:

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait, HOW did you get the Aleph head to fit? Did McGizmo make an A2 for the C series I don't know about?