'Clickie' switch for surefire L1. Is there one?

AlanP

Newly Enlightened
Is there such a thing as a 'click on' switch that I can use on my SF L1? The original switch is a 'twistie' (hope I'm getting the right terminology here!) and I'm not that impressed with it. When I twist it to it's 'locked out' position the tailcap is barely being held onto the body by the threads (another half turn and it comes off) plus I'd like to be able to 'click' onto full output rather than twist the tailcap. I've looked on the surefire web site and it doesn't mention any other tail cap as being compatible. Is there a third party switch that would do the job?

Thanks in advance

J_Roc

Newly Enlightened
See my post in the McGizmo section. As far as I know there are no aftermarket tailcaps for the SF L1, and I do not think you can have a two-stage clickie. I do not use the tailcap in the lock out position and have found that it has not turned on accidentally.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah... i have the L2 and have the same anoying problem with not being able to get the full brightness when i want it... i have to usally use two hands to rotate the cap to get it to full brightness...

i have been using the click-on tail caps in the E-series for a week now and I like it a lot more... also, my U2's click on feature makes it so much easier to get into my light...

AlanP

Newly Enlightened
Oh well, guess I'll just have to live with it...........

Thanks anyway