Surefire A2 LED ring replacements

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if any companies make a LED rind that firs the A2?

I have the red LED rind and its great for preserving my night vision when I am shooting at night (photographer), but I want a white LED ring for the other 90 percent of the time.

Please if anyone knows where I can get one let me know.

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
I spoke to a Surefire tech some months ago (maybe eight?) and he said it's a request they get a lot: sell replacement LED rings. He said they've been resistent to sell them because they're afraid people will strip out the screws trying to replace them. He did say that the company was really thinking about selling them anyway, and in the mean time, you could just send the light in and they would swap it out. I know what you mean. What I really want is 1 red and 2 whites + the incandescent with a way to trigger just the red, then the 2 whites and than the incandescent.

Grubbster

Enlightened
I would think it would be fairly easy for one of the ingenious CPFers to make a small production run of these. I am sure it would get a good ROA because there are alot of people looking for these. Many people would buy several. I know I would like one for white, red, and blue. Anybody.....?

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another one of the elusive "holy grails" of flashaholism.

I am quite skeptical that SF will ever make these available. One reason, already stated is they really do not want people opening and modding their lights. Another is simple. SF's position is if you want a white A2 and a blue A2 and a yellow-green A2, then buy 3 A2's. Many people here have done just that.

I also agree that one of our very able modders and builders could manufacture these rings for sale. The board is pretty straight forward. If the price point was reasonable, say in the $35-$45 range I think there is a huge market just on CPF. I have brought this subject up several times in the past. So far, no takers.

I have this picture of something like a little ring box with slots containing my lineup of A2 LED rings. A pleasant thought, if only fantasy.

Mark

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
So they don't want to sell the rings cause they don't want us moding the torches. Will they sell a whole new head? led's and all? I really need both red and white.

dbedit

Newly Enlightened
I am in the same boat. I wpild love to swap between white red green and blue leds in mine

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't wait on SF to make extra LED rings available. I just purchased the colors I wanted. They don't swap all that fast and it is nothing I would want to do in the field, so I just figured I would have extra lights. :)