LED light supplement car cabin light??

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a LED light to supplement the car cabin light? my accord 93 cabin light isn't bright enough.

ThomasH

Newly Enlightened
Hello Captain,

I have a white LED Photon II hanging from my rear-view mirror on the lanyard clip (without the lanyard) as just such a light. Lights up the center console nicely.

- Thomas

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey red robby, can that Luxon add on fit into cabin light fixture? would the luxon blow up with the current pass through it?

red_robby

Enlightened
picard said:
hey red robby, can that Luxon add on fit into cabin light fixture? would the luxon blow up with the current pass through it?

that's a retrofit kit for a dome light...it's got a buck circuit for regulating the current to the lux, i don't have one myself (i went cheapo route with a power resistor) but there has been great feedback on this product from CPF members.
not to mention all the other awsome products...

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I make that type of jobs with Leds in cars in my country, Venezuela, and the best and very easy to do is that, you can put in a circuit printed between 14 and 22 leds 5 mm, is the best you can do...

Darell

Flashaholic
zespectre said:
That's slick! Somebody needs to make one for a 97 Jeep Cherokee!
Somebody might already have. Me! But I can't tell for sure. Here's what I've made for the Jeep Rubicon.
http://darelldd.com/light/rubicon_dome.htm

Is your fixture anything like that? I can build these into just about anything - just need the fixture. These are George's circuits - same as in the first link - just with a bit more labor applied.