Happy Overcooked Dry Dead Bird Meat Day!!! :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That's "Thanksgiving" in the United States, tomorrow (11-24). :thumbsup:
Hope everybody can spend some time with friends and/or family, and enjoy a delicious turkey dinner if you're into having turkey on Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to all CPFers!!! :) :D :thumbsup: :twothumbs: :thumbsup: :D :)

drizzle

Enlightened
Hey, I'm cooking the bird this year for the first time. At least wait until I overcook it to call me on it. :nana:

Better than undercooked anyway. Remember "The Accidental Tourist"?

Happy Thanksgiving! No matter how the food turns out I hope you all enjoy just the right amount of time with your family. :)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May your holiday be enjoyable and memorable.

"Thanksgiving in the U.S. is the one holiday when the whole family sits down for an enjoyable dinner at exactly the same moment - halftime."

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful for CPF, it's members, and the lights I have to play with...I mean use. (In addition to family, health, etc. of course!)

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
The MaxaBeam, Beastie, M6R and USL are already packed for my annual (for over 20 years) sojourn to the shack at the end of TVOD Rd. out in the Mojave. I haven't been up there since Memorial Day due to work constraints, and it's only 130mi. This year (and last) are different in that I won't be having Thanksgiving dinner with my folks prior to heading out. :cry: It used to be an annual party event, but people have moved or changed priorities, and I will probably have the place to myself for two days. For some reason, I am still looking forward to heading out in the morning. :)

Larry

TorchMan

Enlightened
Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm going first to some relatives, and later to a friends sister's house. I think it's chicken and dressing, with trimmings at the relatives. And tamales and BBQ at the other place. Not really sure. Several of my lights will be going with me, but undercover so to speak...

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I encourage you all to keep in our thoughts the thousands of patriotic Americans (and non-citizens) that have volunteered to fight a war on our behalf in the middle east.

They can not be with their families or enjoy the pleasures that many of us will.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
ikendu said:
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I encourage you all to keep in our thoughts the thousands of patriotic Americans (and non-citizens) that have volunteered to fight a war on our behalf in the middle east.

They can not be with their families or enjoy the pleasures that many of us will.

Well said:twothumbs

Eat until you burst, then eat some more......:green:

Then sit back and reflect on all/who we should be thankful for, there are quite a few, that I am certain of........enjoy :)

AlphaTea

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
Happy Overcooked Dry Dead Bird Meat Day!!! :)
Craig, you have a way with words...

We are having Ham (Overcooked they-put-everthing-in-there-except-the-oink meat). Saving the bird for Christmas. We alternate every year.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I am sick at home alone. The better half is dragging my son (I guess he is half hers) to visit her sister
in Southern Illinois (5 hour drive) I put some chicken wings in the oven. Better check them out I did not notice the time when they went in.
Topper

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, Craig, for starting the Thanksgiving thread. Thank you, too, for all you do in keep us informed and entertained. I hope your T-day is a happy one.

Topper, I hope you're quickly on the mend and that major health problems aren't plaguing you. I know you've had ongoing difficulties - good luck.

I'm so grateful to have been born in the USA and my home town in particular. Even when times are tough, we're still better off than most of the world's population.

I'm most grateful that I or my son aren't far from home, risking our lives, and I'm thankful for those brave souls who are putting their lives on the line.

Peace.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
happy Thanksgiving everybody :)

This year I got roped into doing the bird again, going to get it out of the brine and into the oven in about 2 hours and it should be done by dinner time I hope.

What, you dont brine your turkey?! What, you've never seen A Good Eats Thanksgiving!!! It's too late to brine your bird this year, but there is always next year!

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
mmmm, i cant wait to eat me some Overcooked Dry Dead Bird Meat!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, it's about time to break out the Christmas lights. The "holiday season" starts today, and a lot of stores in the area already have Christmas decorations up, so it's only fair. :)

I guess I'll start with that closet...