Digilight, check this out

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: check this out

Check out my thread about the G&P 12V miniturbo in the Incandescents forum; I link to a deadler who sells the Digilight USA line for less than you'd pay buying direct from Digilight.

70 lumens is accurate. Why would you doubt it?

Two-stage: press partway for momentary operation; press all the way and it clicks ON.

Digilght USA is the most cost-effective way to get a G&P T-series (tactical grade) xenon flashlight that has a glass lens, a high-output lamp, and a clickie switch. But the "same" light sold as LEDWave, Camillus, or G&P, you'll get a plastic lens, a nonclickie switch, the lower-output lamp, two of the above shortcomings, or all three.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

;;;

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know... does it use the G&P/Bug Out Gear 3W module?

My latest, greatest toy is a Maxfire with a G&P 3W module modded with a TW0K emitter and a glass lens. I have it running on 2x R123 cells which should be fine since the module is spec'd to be used on either 2 or 3 primary 123s. With the T bin rather than the stock S bin (I'm told the modules usually come with S bins but I didn't do the mod work myself), the module gets warm after about 15 minutes of continuous use. I'm trying to trade into a Vital Gear body for it for hopefully better cooping than the plastic Maxfire.

The beam, you ask? I absolutely LOVE it! You know how the Q3 has a larger than average hotspot... that's how the BOG module is, but with more throw. I'd have to guess it's at least 50% brighter than my TW0J Q3 while on 1xR123 and much more throw. Using the across the neighbor's back yard test, it has more throw than an Inova T3 which is saying something. And it obviously has radically more side spill.

This has replaced the 2nd Gen Streamlight TL-2 LED as my favorite Luxeon 2x123 sized light on a relative budget. I'm just not crazy about the keeping the heat inside the Maxfire.

Sorry for the glee... Anyway, the point was, if it uses the a G&P module with a T-bin emitter, then that could be an honest rating.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened

I recently checked out a DigiLight TLX at a gunshow. It seemed pretty well-made, and its beam seemed to match a Pentagon's when flashed on the buildng's ceiling... in competition with a lot of ambient light.

The Digilight website shows a big family of lights, but few of them appear to be actually available. The co. is based in N.J.. The dealer told me they're aimed directly at Surefire and going after the police and military market. Don't know if they've grabbed any big contracts yet, but the Digilight sample I examined looked pretty solid, certainly equal to the Pentagon.

Anybody had any hands-on experience with a DigiLight?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am wondering if the 4 o-rings make it difficult to twist the tailcap. But does it use G&P drop-in? Also... the one you saw, did it have a "click" to the switch? Was its beem identicle to Your PL?

-David

ledled

Newly Enlightened

$80 is in the range of Pelican & surefire.
Is this one significant brighter?

PacketStorm

Newly Enlightened

This thread peaked my interest in this company's lights.

Check this out.

It reminds me of a Fenix L1P that runs on a single CR123! :)

Bradlee

Enlightened

According to the specs on that L1P look-a-like:
-"260% Brighter than Ordinary Multi D-cell Flashlights"

This sounds rather vague to me - 'Multi' could mean anywhere from 2-6 cells.

Regardless, though, it looks like a promising light.

-Brad

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened

Here's some more info to help you with your DigiLight questions.

At the gunshow I previously mentioned where I handled some DigiLights, the dealer was "Area 51 Tactical Products." They're a couple of pretty cool and tactically-informed young guys based somewhere on the East Coast, but they travel the U.S. doing gunshows. They sell an array of survival gear, knives, weapons aftermarket items, lights, etc. I suggest you check out their store's website: blackrifles.com (spelled exactly that way).

Or call 'em @ 908-686-1383. Ask for Dan.

Digilight's main website indicates they have no dealer network in place (they are very new). However, there are some dealers out there with 'em, as PaulinMD indicates... and they sell DigiLight stuff for modest discounts -- cheaper than going direct right now. DigiLight's website shows a raft of nifty looking lights and accessories, but most of them are "out of stock" or "coming soon."

These DigiLights are made in China and some of 'em kinda have a blended Surefire + Nuwai "look." Apparently, some firearms trainers organization has endorsed/adopted them, but that could just be some beta-testing/freebie promo deal, too.

As I recall, the guys at Area 51/blackrifles sounded like they do know flashlights (former Surefire dealer) and they also sell Pentagon Lights. I'm sure they could answer your DigiLight questions.

There's also a brief review of DigiLight stuff in the Nov/Dec issue of American Handgunner magazine. You can Google it to read it.

We gotta get Doug at FlashLightReviews to get his hands on some DigiLights. He's the guru.

Last edited:

ddemon440

Newly Enlightened
Own a digilight?

I was wondering how many people have experience with Digilight USA? They seem like good lights for a decent price.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Re: Own a digilight?

Ddemon440, your question is timely.

However...

There's already a thread re DigiLights (titled "Check This Out") started by Cheapo, in yesterday's LED section.

-->> MODS, I suggest this thread be closed or merged.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
My impressions of the two DigiLights I handled were good.

Compared to a Pentagon Light, the machining seemed a tad better. The dealer showing me the lights actually had difficulty screwing-on the Pentagon tailcap, whereas the Digilight threading was smoother and worked just fine.

The anodizing, however, did not appear to be HA III type. Indeed, DigiLight's website makes no references to Type III anodizing, so I presume it's some Type II variant. It looked like the anodizing one sees on aluminum Streamlights and Mags.

As with any new, latest-and-greatest lights, I think we really need to learn about DigiLights' circuitry, regulation, and durability qualities under stressful use. AND Customer Service -- which is a big question mark given the brand's newness and sketchy dealer network.

Any owner reviews out there?

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its just a Surefire 6P clone with a G&P LED module in it.

Digilight%20TLX.png

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally like the LXK-53b better, it may not have a perfect beam but it is brighter and my personal one came with a TW0J in it. Its a reverse clickie, but they're more reliable than the standard clickies the other Digilights use.

Digilight%20LXK-53B.png

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Something does not add up here ... they claim 180min regulated runtime AND 70lm flux ... and where either one of those claims is pretty reasonable for a 2x123 light, both won't work. It's either not that bright or runs considerably shorter.

As a point of reference: a DownBoy (pretty efficient buck driver) will run approx. 90min on 2x123 driving a LuxIII at 900mA (rough numbers) and will deliver something like 60+lm out of the front end of a well-made light ...

On another note ... if I hadn't seen a SF copy in my life ... this would definitely count as one :D :D

bernie