Anyone in Rockford IL want to help me resolve an eBay issue?

magic79

Enlightened
Yes, I'm clear on that. But the insurance company is going to say "prove it wasn't delivered to you." How can that be done?

I'm afraid that if she isn't going to voluntarily file a claim, you are just beating your head against the wall.

I'm just suggesting that you be thankful it was only $70 and not $700 and terminate your frustration.

Nomad

Enlightened
magic79 said:
Yes, I'm clear on that. But the insurance company is going to say "prove it wasn't delivered to you." How can that be done?

No, that's generally not what happens. Especially since the mailman can't remember ever delivering the item to me. Assuming you know what's going to happen first is what this woman's doing...I find it's just an excuse to not fulfill one's responsibilities.

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
Nomad,
...From a purely practical standpoint I would advise you to forget this entirely and get on with your life. The amount of money involved is not worth the time and aggravation. I know it can be frustrating and difficult to let things like this go. If you are unable to forget about this there is another avenue to consider. I had a situation with an Ebay seller who got kicked off Ebay just hours after I paid him with Paypal. Ebay owns Paypal and they cooperate well with each other. As soon as they kicked the guy off Ebay they tied up his Paypal account and would not let him claim the payment I had made. Seems like the right thing to do but Paypal would also not let me have the unclaimed payment back. I went round in circles with them for several days and several of their complaint processes. It finally occured to me that they probably have millions of dollars in unclaimed payments and unused accounts in their system and they eventually keep that money. I threatened to make a complaint against the seller and Paypal to the Internet Crime Complaint Commision (IC3) http://www.ic3.gov/ . I mentioned to Paypal that they are acting as accessories to the crime of internet fraud when they hold onto payments like this and/or do not cooperate in the complaint process to get people's money returned. Paypal returned the money to my account within minutes of me making that threat. Have a look at the IC3 website and look into their complaint process. I would think that the threat of filing a claim to IC3 might get the seller's attention and get her to do something. I would imagine that IC3 gets so many complaints related to Ebay auctions and Paypal payments that they may have an open line of communication to the people at Ebay/Paypal who could make something happen for you on this.
Good luck,
jc

Nomad

Enlightened
Suddenly the seller emailed me back with an excuse of she has a life off eBay and had missed a question on the stamps.com insurance claim and is now following up... I think the mention of the ic3 claims helped loosen up things.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Nomad said:
Let me repeat, clearly for y'all. According to the post office themselves DELIVERY CONFIRMATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE ITEM ARRIVED AT IT'S INTENDED DESTINATION. IT ONLY MEANS THAT IT WAS DELIVERED *SOMEWHERE*. (That's exactly what the lady managing the post office close to me told me, she told me that in this situation there SHOULD be a claim filed)

Yup, "delivery confirmation" is set to "delivered status" once the package hits the delivery truck, nothing else. We had an issue in one of the passarounds I'm coordinating, and this is what we were able to find about delivery confirmation. :(

I'm glad to see from your last post that you may resolve this issue at long last. Hope she goes through and you get your money back.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I can fully confirm that delivery confirmation does not mean it was delivered to the right adr. In fact, for some reason, they seem better at deliverying 1st class mail to the right adr than actual priority mail.