Are Twisties All Backwards? **Update** [YES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Re: Are Twisties All Backwards?

Are you sure you shouldn't go back to school? I would seriously question the mental state of someone who stares into the emitter of their lights when they turn them on. With my SR-51 coming on high I think I'd rather look into the barrel of a gun at 'activation.'

And have you missed the dozens of posts in which we explain that this is meant for a keychain light. Therefore, it is likely that you have other things in your hands and thus, only one hand to operate the light?

Additionally, since the body is connected to your keys, why turn the body of the light and all of your keys to turn it on, when you could just turn, the tiny little head?

+

Hold the head and turn the body, you'll get right to tighten.

If anyone is still confused about tightening anything looking face-on at it, please,....please go back to school.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

And kaichu , I also respectfully request that YOU don't reply to ME , in the future.

Anything that I say in the future , please don't think it is directed at you .
The best way to not have someone respond to you would be to not address them directly in the first place. You cannot make the type of replies to me that you have and then not expect a response. Realize it or not, instead of your attempts to shut out my observations, we could have actually been having a discussion but you wanted to have the thread populated only with like-minded thinkers and CPF is a much wider forum than that.
There are right hand threads and there are left hand threads. They don't change with your relative orientation.
True though that may be, the manner in which various users minds view a the actuation of the two movable pieces that make up the light has an effect on their interaction with the light in usage.

Oddly enough, while I never have a problem knowing which direction to turn my twisty lights, I do find myself turning the knob on my 007 the wrong way at times, which is why I can understand the OP's consternation at least to an extent.
Ok wait, when did this turn into a serious thread??!?!
When some aspersions got cast back and forth and feelings got hurt. Any thread questioning the basic premise of the manner in which lights are activated seems fairly ripe for some serious replies.

DM51

Flashaholic
One post has been deleted as flat-out rude; others may follow, as and when CPF staff have time to deal with them.

In the meantime those posts will stand as abject monuments to the kind of deplorable and idiotic bickering that has resulted in the closure of this thread. :mad:

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Just one last comment after the thread closure - DM51 closed it as I was selecting 15 posts for deletion - a dubious record IMO.
And folks wonder why CPF isn't as fun as in the past ... :shakehead:

Edit: After going over correspondence between two other mods regarding this thread, I am getting more and more PO'd thinking about this.
I handhold this thread to keep it lighthearted, I'm offline for a day and it blows up.
Two other mods have to show up and pick up the pieces, and here I am doing the final follow-up.

If you don't have the spirit to deal with a little tongue-in-cheek humor, then please stay out of threads such as these.
There are plenty of serious threads here on CPF for those that want them - What strike bezel will fit on my CrapFire, that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.