Votes: 106 65.0%
  • pepsi

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • i cant taste diffrence / dont know

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember taking a blind taste test years back and I liked Coke more. However, now that both Coke and Pepsi in America use high fructose corn syrup as the sweetener I don't want either of them.

majortom

Newly Enlightened
Neither.
I never drink any kind on cola's.
Water, orange or cranberry juice, beer or some local soft drinks for me. Or russian-made soft drink called "Baikal".

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I was favorably impressed with a Mr. Pibb Zero I found at a gas store once. But them things are HARD to find.

Most diet drinks leave MUCH to be desired!

Dr. Pepper is the all around champ in this house!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regular Coke. I don't like the diet drinks, taste like a chemical brew.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a slight aside, my LP daughters love juice from concentrate made with sparkling water instead of normal water. You can also use flavored syrups with sparkling water to make your own flavors of soda.

:buddies:

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
Coke for me I have been drinking the coke zero lately tastes good and does not have so much sugar and crap in it or so i am told. On a hot day a nice cold rye and coke hits the spot well :thumbsup:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Definately Coke.... I only drink Pepsi when I visit the Pixelpimp...

Pepsi tastes like Diet Coca Cola :green:

Hell no!! I drink Diet Coke regularly (the wife prefers it and we don't have enough fridge space to get both) and it tastes MUCH better than any kind of Pepsi.

Funny tho, a few years ago, there was a taste test for various kinds of cola here in NL. In this test Coke came in first, but 2 low-budget brands, 3es (cheap but widely available) and River (store brand from Aldi, even cheaper) scored better than Pepsi. So as the OP is also from NL, it kind of amazes me that the OPs friend states that 80% of people prefers Pepsi.

And the person who created the taste of Pepsi Max should be severely punished.... :whoopin:

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Before I ever had an opinion I took a taste test at a mall years ago. After I made my choice the tester ignored me and went to the next in line. When I asked what I had chosen they quietly told me it was Pepsi, and went on loudly announcing whenever someone chose Coke.

ozner1991

Enlightened
Definately Coke....
Funny tho, a few years ago, there was a taste test for various kinds of cola here in NL. In this test Coke came in first, but 2 low-budget brands, 3es (cheap but widely available) and River (store brand from Aldi, even cheaper) scored better than Pepsi. So as the OP is also from NL, it kind of amazes me that the OPs friend states that 80% of people prefers Pepsi.

why do you think i made this thread? 80%???? i though it was far feched but the score for pepsi on the poll on cpf isnt near 80 :whistle::D

Patriot

Flashaholic
Also a coke fan. It just hit my taste buds better than Pepsi, which tastes too syrupy to me.

prof

Enlightened
I gave all sodas up because it's just not good for me (or anyone). I occasionally treat myself to a coke--maybe once a year or so. I cannot stand pepsi. I also don't care for sweet tea (reminds me of kool-aid).

Anyone remember "new coke"--tasted like flat pepsi with added sugar. Ug.

seaside

Enlightened
I rarely drink soda of any sort.
It's like less than 6 cans a month.

And, I don't really care cola or pepsi. They taste almost the same, though pepsi tends to be bit sweeter than cola. It's amazing to me when others say one tastes very differ from the other... or someone say one is for "real man" the other is for "pimp". LOL.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I gave all sodas up because it's just not good for me (or anyone). I occasionally treat myself to a coke--maybe once a year or so.

That's actually a really good point. I gave it up a couple of years ago for that very reason but I started giving into it again. I guess maybe it's the caffeine that makes it slightly addictive but I'm not really sure. It would be best if I gave it up again though.

prof

Enlightened
That's actually a really good point. I gave it up a couple of years ago for that very reason but I started giving into it again. I guess maybe it's the caffeine that makes it slightly addictive but I'm not really sure. It would be best if I gave it up again though.

Several members of my family have problems with diabetes and elevated blood glucose levels. I decided to give up sodas and most sweet things (despite a wicked sweet tooth) in an attempt to avoid those issues. To me it seems like a small price to pay for more time with my kids.

Downside: it's really hard for me to avoid sandwiches!