CR2 Ion

*Retired*
Here is my runtime plot for the production model, it has changed after all:

cr2ionlp.png

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
awesome! thanks for doing all of that work newbie!

My only issue (it might not be an issue at all) is with the cree LED... I just don't know how long it will last compared to a luxeon... seems like the luxeons are more try'd/trued...

from your guy's knowledge... is the cree led something I can put faith in for a lifetime of use?

Thanks!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you that have one, does it drop down in brightness when you tighten it all the way down? Mine appears to stay bright if I don't turn it too far past where it goes into high. If I turn it until it stops, the brightness drops after a few seconds. It's like I'm getting three levels of brightness, but I don't really want them all (just high and low). I've also experienced some major flickering in the dropped down high mode. Hopefully, Progold will fix that.

*Retired*
Endeavor,

You had the first CREE flashlight I know of, on the market.

Do you think you will offer these with the XR-E any time soon?

How about a replacement upgrade module for existing customers?

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that would be great for existing customers and of course a Ti CR2 w Cree XR-E for the next Ti run...hint hint. I just gotta keep trying.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
heck yes... a XR-E CR2 Ion in Ti... buy it in a heart beat

Haz

Enlightened
Thanks Concept, i did see the thread by Fenix-store, however i'm looking for a second head, that has a longer throw to complement the flood pattern already on the CR2-ION, i want to be able to interchange head when i need to.

I wonder whether the new CR2-ION will have the exact dimensions and thread as the old.

xdanx

Enlightened
Haz said:
Thanks Concept, i did see the thread by Fenix-store, however i'm looking for a second head, that has a longer throw to complement the flood pattern already on the CR2-ION, i want to be able to interchange head when i need to.

I wonder whether the new CR2-ION will have the exact dimensions and thread as the old.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1670549&postcount=121

Yes, they will be the same size.

arty

Enlightened
Does anyone have an idea of the output on High and on Low settings?
How does high compare with, say, an X-5 or a Surefire L1 with a beamshaper? How does the low setting compare with the low on the L1 or the output of an ARC-AAAp, or the Fenix "equivalent?"

europium

Enlightened
arty said:
Does anyone have an idea of the output on High and on Low settings?
How does high compare with, say, an X-5 or a Surefire L1 with a beamshaper? How does the low setting compare with the low on the L1 or the output of an ARC-AAAp, or the Fenix "equivalent?"
Most flashaholics know about this site (master light index): http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews_index/reviews_by_mfgrs.htm

Review of CR2 Ion here: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/photonsintl_cr2ion.htm