Do you carry a flashlight 24/7?

Streak

Enlightened
Arc AAA on keyring
Arc LS in back pocket
Photon and swisslight on lanyard clipped into pocket
Glock 23 usually in IWB or Fobus holster day and night summer and winter with appropriate jacket for concealment.
Sometimes .38 snubby backup on ankle.

Tomas

Banned
Isn't the Glock in the waistband uncomfortable to sleep with? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, just reading this thread, most flashaholics seem to bet fully clothed and with big flashlights on them even when they are sleeping.

Am I the only one who perceives a difference between "24/7" and "EDC?"

My 24/7 is an Arc AAA on a neck lanyard. There are other goodies that are EDC, but that's my 24/7. In fact it showered with me this morning, as it does every morning when I get up. I take it off for medical x-rays and at other times when I must, but it really IS a 24/7 on a normal basis.

The Photons, LS's and such I carry when up and about on a normal basis are EDC.

T_sig6.gif

fan.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC is the Micro illuminator,
It sits on my keychain, either on me or within a few feet 24/7. Love the bright hotspot for throw and the huge flood beam for everything else. When is McGizmo coming out the the Arc AAA LS with oversized head and R ranked LED?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to have at least one on me 24/7, usually two lights actually. The make/model light varies from situation to situation. Nighttime usually warrants a red or UV LED.

gyverpete

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
Am I the only one who perceives a difference between "24/7" and "EDC?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomas, you're not alone. (See my post above.) "24/7" and "EDC" are seperate modes of carry.
I guess not many people feel the need to WEAR a light 24/7, so long as it's nearby. For me, having the AAA around my neck 24/7 eliminates loss, ensures I always have light and thus gives me a sense of security. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I started wearing a Photon II this way a couple years ago, then added the AAA 7 months ago and last week I retired the Photon since I wasn't using it at all, wheras the AAA gets used at least a couple of times a day. I don't wear mine in the shower only because the tubing and cord will retain water and soap, and the SAK won't like it much.

My EDC gear, on the otherhand, I put on when I leave the house, and goes in a tray when I get home at night.

(Good point about the xray. Last time I had an xray, the doc thought I swallowed a flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

danno

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is the microilluminator, which replaced my ARC-AAA. I plan to replace it either with a single AA sized illuminator, if one is made, or the new dimmable Arc-LS. I have to admit that my non-flashaholic friends think it's odd to carry a flashlight around all day. I don't care - you guys understand.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene-

I do much the same thing. I have a tritium keyring that's I've attached to a Photon II.

This lets me find in the dark, the E2 & E1e/LS1 lights on the nightstand next to the bed.

GregR

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon on keychain, Arc AAA in jeans watch pocket, E2O in back pocket most of the time, Kel-Tec 32 in right front pocket, sometimes a PPKS IWB with shirt untucked. Too hot where I live to comfortably conceal anything bigger most of the time. Those are really EDC, not 24/7, at night there are several lights on the nightstand, with an 8X and an X5T getting most of the use, and a Tigerlight when needed. Bump in the night light is an M6 on a USP 40.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the concept of 24/7 and EDC.

EDC for me is a Streamlight Scorpion. When I carry my backpack. I have two Inova microlights attached on (soon to be dumped to the bottom of the bag when I get the Streamlight Twin Task 1L next week, will be clipped into the keychain holder in my backpack (North Face 2003 Big Shot.))

I also ordered a CMG Infinity Ultra (CPF special for $15) for my godfather, I will play around with it and if I like it; I will look into an arc aaa LE or the like to 23.50 (60 minutes in an hour correct?) /7 along with my dog tags.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dislike things around my neck when sleeping, or an unreasonable facsimile thereof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So, I guess I don't 24/7 any light on me. I have a Brinkmann Rebel that hangs from my headboard, with head pointing towards ceiling for indirect lighting.

When dressed, my Ultra hangs from my left front belt loop via a carabiner for EDC.

Lately, I have been placing my L4 on my nightstand when I go to sleep.

Even if I lived out a tent and backpack, like I used to do in Hawaii, I would wear a light in the sleeping bag. It would be next to it.

imgadgetman

Newly Enlightened
I 24/7 a uke 2l, e2, arc aaa, and an e1/kl1. A also carry 3 knives with me 24/7 too. Glad I don't need to see a shrink judging from fellow flashaholics. I sometimes wake up in pain from laying on one of them. I like to be prepared at all times.
Gadgetman

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, you really are a gadget man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

well, i sleep naked, so i don't have any lights "on" me (or in me for that matter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif) 24/7, but i do edc an arc aaa, sf e2e, and mmm during my waking hours, and i have a ultrastinger attached to my bed and an arc aaa hanging on a post next to my bed when i'm in it. i also keep several 1 and 5w mag mods on the floor next to my bed should i need to use them.

gyverpete

Enlightened
Tomas, I did read your post in that thread before and it made me almost consider carrying in the shower.

Your story further illustrates the point that you never know when you'll need light. A flashlight is not only for convenience and fun, but it's also a safety item. Vital.

Does the knurling retain soap or does it rinse away easily? I'll have to try it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

And speaking of cows, I think the ARC would survive nicely, and the insides wouldn't be so dark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

"GOT MILK?" YES!
"GOT LIGHT?" YES again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rodfran

Enlightened
Don`t have one

1. when I shower.

2. when I sleep. However, Palight is on my night stand pointing towards my battery clock. With its ever on feature I can grab it in the dark whenever I need it. Also on night stand-Minimag with madmax and McFlood.

3. EDC- Arc AAA LE, Photon II, and now solitaire modded by LED_ASAP with 1 watt luxeon star!