Favorite 18650 powered EDC light?

csz4444

Newly Enlightened
Olight S2R/ii, I have the original and just picked up the 2nd version. Both are excellent lights. The original throws a little farther, but the S2R ii 's design is more aesthetically refined.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
I don't normally edc an 18650 light and prefer smaller lights and I do always carry a SF bored C2 or Z2 w/ Nailbender's or M361N P60 drop-in's in my courier bag.

BUT, I just picked up a ZL SC600W MKIV and, wow, it's small! I'm liking this light so much that, earlier tonight, I edc'd this ZL in my parka and love the small form factor. Btw, lots of ZL fans here. :cool:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
My current favorite 18650 light is the Emisar D4 with XPL HI 4000K.

Fantastic hobbyist light with blow-your-socks-off output.

Admittedly, it's less useful than the Zebralights, but it will wow your friends like no Zebralight can.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...as I only have one 18650 light...

I'd have to say my Zebralight SC64w.

Fairly small,bright and it's easy to carry.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now I'm a big fan of the Jaxman E2L Triple XP-G2 (Warm White). Great value for $29 :thumbsup:

DGj0U7ll.jpg

p9uasLjm.jpg
KLfVziNm.jpg

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
To those of you who pocket carry a Zebralight, how do you prevent it from turning on in your pocket?

I've got an SC51W that I bought several years ago and the side clicky is way too exposed for pocket carry. Have they corrected this in current models?

--flatline

Zebralight listened to the complaints about accidental activation with the SC51 and addressed it, starting with the original SC600. All Zebralights since have used the same switch setup.

The SC51 had a large protruding soft-touch switch that was easy to accidentally activate.

All current Zebralights feature a smaller sideswitch that requires a firmer press than the SC51. More importantly, the switch no longer protrudes. It is now deeply recessed within the head of the light. The structure of the light surrounding the switch tends to keep objects in your pocket away from the switch button.

While accidental pocket activation is still possible, Zebralights now have pretty much the best designed side-switch on the market in terms of resistance to accidental pocket activation.

All Zebralights can also be locked out at the tailcap if desired. However, I find current Zebralights just don't turn on accidentally in my pocket, so it isn't necessary.

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
Would be my olight m2r, very bright(1300 l), several modes, 2 buttons (side and cap) and has a magnetic charger.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
All Zebralights can also be locked out at the tailcap if desired. However, I find current Zebralights just don't turn on accidentally in my pocket, so it isn't necessary.

You are damn lucky, man. I don't carry my SC600w III because once upon a time it nearly put my coat pocket on fire. It just switched on on max power for some reason... And it was alone in the pocket.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
Zebra is up there for me too but the modularity of the 6p platform wins for me everytime

1d4vXmm.jpg
Dang, those are pretty! :twothumbs I have a few bored 6P's as well but those tend to stay at home, on my bedside table and desk.

For EDC, I always have at least one of the following three lights in my courier bag and / jacket pocket:
- SF Z2, bored for 18650 with NW single LED dropin
- SF C2, bored for 18650 with NW triple LED dropin
- ZL SC600W IV Plus

Latest posts