Fenix TK-70

Enlightened
Yep jirik_cz, xed8888 is right, 2 x LiFePO4, anyway the Ultrafire are 3.0V as printed on the label as well. Not sure if fully charged it is only 3.4V, so it is pretty safe. Not sure how is the performance under high load, but it should be ok. Anyway it is just 20 bucks shipped for the pair.

Enlightened
I am planning to use my TK70 with two IMR from batteryspace, 4100+mah rated. I think this would be a better pair in comparison to 4sevens 26650.Larger capacity and less voltage drop under 4 amp load. It would give for sure greater runtime. I just have to make a sleeve for them.

Bro! Do report back on these 3.7V cells. Anyway if you have a hobby charger you can just charge to 3.95V, seriously if you look at budgetlightforums big battery database (thanks to all the many guys' hardwork there) there really is not a lot of capacity to be had above 4.0V for the myriad of cells in the market. If it is usable, then the IMR 26650 from BIO is workable. Their IMRs are crazy good, esp the 18350. My pair is also nearly 1000mAh for a 800mAh labelled cell, not too bad for a 7 bucks a pair shipped product, i think mine is the 5th case already. My 14500 and 18500 are on the mark though, not over-specced unfortunately...think the 18650 are also on the mark. If these can do 4Ah then at 14 bucks shipped for a pair of 26650 IMRs, can't be beaten. (just carry an extra pair in the pocket for > easily 1hr Turbo run times during cold weather)

Anyway thank you very much for taking the risk for the advancement of XM-L flashlights! :D

Last edited:

bighest

Newly Enlightened
I have the TK60 and bought my TK70 a couple of weeks ago. I am well aware that there are higher quality flashlights out there, (with equally higher price tags) but bang per buck both Fenix lights are terrific value and well made to boot. I am running my TK lights on 2 sets of Ansmann cells (8500mah for the TK60,10000mah for YK70) without any problems at all. I am very happy with the performance of the TK70 and the amount of light it pumps out is obscene. It seems to be a good mix of throw balanced with a crazy amount of spill, the light seems to accomplish the feat by using the brute force of 2200 lumens. Regarding the minor reflector imperfections etc i have usually found that the old adage "you get what you pay for" rings true. It is not unlike comparing a Subaru motor vehicle against a much more expensive and lavish Porsche 911, they both reach 0-60 in 5 secs but the customers for each car crave different things.

All in all i am very happy with my TK70 and find the build quality exceeds my expectations at this price point.

How does the tk60 in turbo compare to the tk70 on high?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well said.

I have no illusion on what the tk70 does for me or why I bought it.

- It has a crazy amount of light
- it's reliable (brandwise)
- the cost of entry is low compared to the state of the art.

Apart from wanting to have the light physically smaller ... what else can one ask for?
I think that sums it up pretty good; that's why even though I have no real need for this light, I'm weekening. The biggest issue right now is whether my existing cells (Accu LSD 10Ah) will power the baby up properly. My favorite dealer for this kind of stuff should have them soon (if they are not in stock already) and then it will be tough not to pull the trigger. I better cycle those batteries.

Last edited:

xed888

Enlightened
I think that sums it up pretty good; that why even though I have no real need for this light, I'm weekening. The biggest issue right now is weather my existing cells (Accu LSD 10Ah) will power the baby up properly. My favorite dealer for this kind of stuff should have them soon (if they are not in stock already) and then it will be tough now to pull the trigger. I better cycle those batteries.

I am sure your batts will do the job. I used Ansmann LSDs and they work fine. Just whines when voltage sags and current increases.

oatmanutd

Newly Enlightened
KD 32600 3.7V 5000mAh result

4.20V > fully charge
4.01V > after 10 minutes
3.88V > after 20 minutes
3.76V > after 30 minutes
3.66V > after 40 minutes
3.61V > after 50 minutes
3.50V > after 60 minutes
3.40V > drop to high after 66 minutes

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
I think that sums it up pretty good; that's why even though I have no real need for this light, I'm weekening. The biggest issue right now is whether my existing cells (Accu LSD 10Ah) will power the baby up properly. My favorite dealer for this kind of stuff should have them soon (if they are not in stock already) and then it will be tough not to pull the trigger. I better cycle those batteries.

I have the same batteries ... seems to work without a problem, still crazy bright! :)

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes 2x 26650 in series with some modification because I used 2x D Cell tube.

Did you use a TK50 tube? What did you modify? I'd like to use the battery space 26650 IMR cells as well. This thing is just too big with 4D cells.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Accu LSD 10Ah cells work just as well as my Tenergy 10Ah cells in this light.

xed888

Enlightened
Did you use a TK50 tube? What did you modify? I'd like to use the battery space 26650 IMR cells as well. This thing is just too big with 4D cells.

He's got the thai edition. He's thai. Just use the tube without an extender. Put 2 lithium cells and a spacer. Done.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
He's got the thai edition. He's thai. Just use the tube without an extender. Put 2 lithium cells and a spacer. Done.

I'd like to do it without a spacer if possible just to make the light shorter. Anybody know if a TK50 tube fits this light?

xed888

Enlightened
I'd like to do it without a spacer if possible just to make the light shorter. Anybody know if a TK50 tube fits this light?

It does but the TK70 tailcap doesnt fit onto the TK50 tube, you need the TK50 tube AND tailcap to run 2x Li-ions

ljw2k

Enlightened
Fenix won't help you i have already asked can they supply me with a spare tube and tailcap but they want to know the serial number from my fexix tk50 which obviously i don't have.

oatmanutd

Newly Enlightened

actually the thai edition came with an extra tube (TK50 tube) the best battery to use right now is KD32600 3.7V 5000mAh

Enlightened
actually the thai edition came with an extra tube (TK50 tube) the best battery to use right now is KD32600 3.7V 5000mAh

Bro, unfortunately nobody has tried whether the regular TK70 can accept 2 Li Co cells which would be 8.4V fully charged....ie whether or not it is the same driver in your TK70S.

I know Ergotelis is going to try Li Co. One other is trying the Ultrafire 3.0V LiFePO4 which should be ok.

Latest posts