Fenix TK-70

CyberCT

Enlightened
TK70 draws around 10A in the highest mode so I don't think that you could use AA cells in cheap DX adapters with high resistance.

I'm still learning, but what causes resistence in those cheap DX adapters? I would be using eneloops.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still learning, but what causes resistence in those cheap DX adapters? I would be using eneloops.

Metal contacts on those adapters are low quality. If you draw 10A through them, they will heat so much that the plastic around them melts. You would need very high quality adapters like those from fivemega (but with different battery configuration to get 4,8V).

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm sorry but I don't trust Fenix "ANSI" candella ratings. I'll believe them when a member here verifies them.

firelord777

Enlightened
I'm sorry but I don't trust Fenix "ANSI" candella ratings. I'll believe them when a member here verifies them.

Yes, they may be slightly off, but not by much though. A member here verified the ratings for the LD40, TK50 and other lights ANSI and were pretty much what Fenix rated them.

The only light that I have seen off is the TK35 and TK15. This may be because the tk15 generally has blue tints and tk35 green maybe?

CyberCT

Enlightened
Yes, they may be slightly off, but not by much though. A member here verified the ratings for the LD40, TK50 and other lights ANSI and were pretty much what Fenix rated them.

The only light that I have seen off is the TK35 and TK15. This may be because the tk15 generally has blue tints and tk35 green maybe?

How off was the Tk35? Over or under?

kwak

Enlightened
Interested in buying this light and just found that fenixoutfitters have it discounted to $284 with 4 batteries and charger.

Seems a bit too good to be true to me, anyone have experience with this seller?
How can they discount a light that's not even released yet?

bc5000

Newly Enlightened
Interested in buying this light and just found that fenixoutfitters have it discounted to $284 with 4 batteries and charger.

Seems a bit too good to be true to me, anyone have experience with this seller?
How can they discount a light that's not even released yet?

Same price as batteryjuction. Not sure if it applies to sale items but they also have a 5% discount code.

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
so lots of us are getting this light.i know i am.........BUT what battery charger will you all be using to charge your 10000mah batteries.............and for that matter which batteries does everyone seem to be wanting???

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
so lots of us are getting this light.i know i am.........BUT what battery charger will you all be using to charge your 10000mah batteries.............and for that matter which batteries does everyone seem to be wanting???

Charger... There can be only one, and I just picked it up today: Maha MH-C808M. 8 independant channels that can do D cells at 2A EACH simultaneously. Plus a nice soft charge option at 1A, and a conditioning mode.
As for batteries... Choice is a bit limited in NZ. I have some non-LSD **** Smith Electronics re-branded Chinese-made 9500mAh D cells, but I'm thinking of also getting a set of Imedion 9500mAh LSD cells too.

rlorion

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I have my light on pre-order and now I am curious how regular Alkalines will perform compared to rechargeables? I obviously want max output. :duh2:

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I have my light on pre-order and now I am curious how regular Alkalines will perform compared to rechargeables? I obviously want max output. :duh2:

Obviously won't know till the test results start rolling in on this forum ( hey selfbuilt and HJK!!! :D ) but I reckon Alkalines will struggle to keep up with these three emitters running at full steam. I'll be running NiMH from day 1.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the alkalines I can find in stores ache to pass the 3000mAh mark, not to mention the amount of juice the TK70 will be pulling for that type of chemistry. I won't be using any of those for sure... not even for backup... I'd rather have a TK40 and TK45 as backup and walk like a tired old man than buy expensive crappy D batteries that don't contain half of what they're supposed to.

bc5000

Newly Enlightened
I was going to wait till the reviews came out but I went ahead and ordered one before they went off sale.

A couple years ago I bought the Maha C800S charger thinking I would never have a use for C or D batteries. Now I guess I'll have to try and sell it to get the C808M.

rlorion

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I am getting a charger and rechargeables...my wallet can't get a break.

Last edited:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
thaipowerlight pics

sr90sr92tk70.jpg

sr90sr92tk701.jpg

sr90tk70.jpg

sr90sr92tk702.jpg

Latest posts