Fenix TK61

Capolini

Banned
Got it!! $206.63 U.S. Dollars,,,,that would be about $179.00 at Fenix Outfitters w/ promo code!

I will absolutely wait for a review to see if it is like the TK35/TK75,BASICALLY MAX Output minus step downs for duration of the battery.......if not, I have NO interest!

Thanks KJ75/KJ2 for all the info.!:)

For us Americans!! That is about 8 1/2" long. The TK75 is 7 1/4" long.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
A good way to categorize the TK61 might be to think of it like this; The TK61 is to the TK75, as the TN31 is to the TN30. Granted, the head is about a centimeter in diameter larger than the TK75. The light is longer as well because the reflector is deeper. The body appears to be close to or the same as the TK75 and TK51.

I doubt that we'll have any worries about thermal issues with this light simply because of the mass of the head. Based on my experiences with similarly sized, single XM-L/XM-L2 lights, there's no reason that this light should require any thermally monitored step-down like the TK51.

I like the idea of Fenix coming out with a true throw light and I'm eager to see what happens with it. On paper, it handily beats the TN31 XM-L2 and is basically the throw equal of the Olight SR95UT SBT-90! Wow, a Fenix light with that kind of throw but in a smaller, non-proprietorially powered package.

Lastly, I've noticed that Fenix is making some of the nicest reflectors these days in this price range. All three of my most recent Fenix lights have better reflectors than their Olight and Nitecore counterparts. It will be neat to see what this thing can do!

Capolini

Banned
116hmit.jpg

Here it is!! :D

Head; 9,6 cm
Body; 5,25 cm
Length; 21,6 cm

• Turbo (1000 lumen, 4 u 20 min.), High (400 lumen, 14 u), Mid (130 lumen, 46 u), Low (15 lumen, 300 u)
  • Strobe (1000 lumen), SOS (130 lumen)
edit; I just pre-ordered it :D
Wouldn't you want to see a review first?? What happens if it steps down after 5/10/15 minutes and heat may be an issue like the TK51?

kj2

Flashaholic
Wouldn't you want to see a review first?? What happens if it steps down after 5/10/15 minutes and heat may be an issue like the TK51?

I don't really have a problem with a step-down. If it happens, I always can bump it back up. And I like the idea the light protects itself.
And I bought it online, so I can ship it back within 7 days ;)

Capolini

Banned
I don't really have a problem with a step-down. If it happens, I always can bump it back up. And I like the idea the light protects itself.
And I bought it online, so I can ship it back within 7 days ;)

I think Patriot has a good point and will be right. It has a single emitter and massive head so there should not be a thermal issue/step down. The TK75 does not have a thermal step down and it produces 2900 lumens. :)

Good luck with it!! Please review it after you get it!!!:thumbsup:

Capolini

Banned
TK75 steps down to lower mode after about 20 minutes.

You misread my post!!! I said it does NOT have a "Thermal" step down, NOT timed step down! I have the torch! Minus [timed] step down it can utilize maximum output for the duration of the battery charge.About 62 minutes w/3400 mAh Panasonic cells and I got 2h 54min. of Max run time w/ battery kit!

I am sorry to use you as an example. I love how some of you guys pick a sentence out of a post to make a point, when your point is totally invalid and incorrect! ;)

Capolini

Banned
Google translator.......

Posts by Fenix2008 edited 2013-12-18 18:20

In response to the call of the Friends of the majority of the barrel, a Behind the Scenes Fenix ​​today to the history of the strongest long-range tube, a small apology about, today broke the news at a slower pace, Let everyone waiting, I'm sorry! But I'm not parallel, says it will do, ado, I wish we can happily enjoy:

TK61 overview:1, single XM-L2 U2 cool white, very bright file 1000 lumens of light intensity 170000 Hom la , 824 meters range, do not downshift, endurance4 hours 20 minutes ( 4 sections 3400mAh18650 , with a 2600mAh battery life when 3 hours 23 minutes ), compatible with TK75 extend the cylinder and TK76 rechargeable battery pack, comes with strap, suitable for long search and patrol missions.2, highlight the file 400 lumens, life 14 hours, light intensity 56000 Hom la , a range of 510 meters.3, the white version of the XM-L2 T6 in white, very bright file 950 lumens of light intensity 160000 Hom la , 800 -meter range (in this version are not necessarily listed)4, according to the engineers say, now known major brands in flashlight, TK61 should be using CREE company LED flashlight in the farthest range (either single or multiple pieces) is 700 meters above the long-range flashlight lightest (with battery weighs 800 grams) and very bright files longest life (but also increase by extending the way).5, the release date is currently scheduled in January next year.

Edit-apologies for size
:sigh:​

I am taking a guess here. I read this "Google" translation again! "In original post"[quoting shrinks paragraph!], It says at the end of the first line and beginning of second line. "Do not downshift"!!! I think that may mean it does not have a step down! I hope so! Full bore ahead!

Last edited:

RemcoM

Enlightened
I'll see what I can do ;)

Hi kj2,

When can i have this throwbeast? When can we order it?

I really want this beast, it looks like the TK75, but with much less lumens, but much more throw.160000 cd.

Capolini

Banned
11484017113_130801e1dc_z.jpg

This is the boss, "Capo". He is responsible for encouraging me to be a Flashaholic!! His favorite torch is the TK75, it enables me to spot the Deer after he gets their scent!!!

The TK61 looks like an awesome possibility for future missions! :thinking::thumbsup:

Capolini

Banned
Will this have an extended run-time kit like the TK75?

I believe so. Look at "Google Translation" post # 4 and it says "compatible with TK75 extend cylinder"!

I have the TK75 W/extension. This TK61 looks like it may be a great torch and a nice addition! :thumbsup:

Rod911

Enlightened
Here it is!! :D

Head; 9,6 cm
Body; 5,25 cm
Length; 21,6 cm

Big head. If this has decent heatsinking, I don't see a problem trying to get 6A into the LED for more lumens and throw.

Recently acquired a budget light with a 75mm head and powered by 3*18650. The reflector size is 70mm * 47mm. I thought that was big for a single LED light until I saw this thread.

den331

Newly Enlightened
Same price as the tk51 http://www.knivesandtools.nl/nl/pt/-fenix-tk61-xm-l2-u2-led-zaklamp.htm

The Fenix ​​TK61 has not been launched officially. All stated specifications are subject to change.
soon as new information about this model is available, it will be listed on this page. Specifications

• LED torch made of aluminum
  • LED: Cree XM-L 2 U2 with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
  • Durable finish with type III anodizing
  • 2 switches, ergonomically
  • Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating and a metal reflector. This reflector is provided with a special coating with improved light output.
  • 6 light modes
  • Turbo (1000 lumens, 4 h 20 min), High (400 lumens, 14 h), Mid (130 lumens, 46 h), Low (15 lumens, 300 h)
  • Strobe (1000 lumens), SOS (130 lumens)
  • Range of beam: 824 m according to the ANSI standard
  • Constant light output by digital control
  • Operates on 4 18650 Lithium-Ion Batteries
  • Can stand on the back
  • Height: 21,6 cm
  • Thickness: 5.25 cm (body)
  • Thickness: 9.6 cm (head)
  • Weight: 600 grams without batteries
  • Waterproof to IPX-8 standard
Scope of delivery
  • Lamp
  • Lanyard
  • Shoulder Strap
  • Replacement O-rings
5 year warranty on materials and workmanship

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
DANNNNNG....

Thanks for finally getting/finding a link that shows the light. That is beastly. I wish there was something next to it for reference or that we could see the emitter.

That thing has a relatively HUGE reflector I assume. After seeing those initial beam-shot pictures I'm wondering if this is TOO much throw lol.

Portable Batman signal? :) How much more does this throw than the latest version of the Armytek Barracuda? Also it's a much heavier light being 4 18650's I'm assuming so we have to consider that if you want to buy one. The feel of the Barracuda might be much better in use though the run time is surely less.