Fenix TK61

NorthernStar

Enlightened
kj75,
Thank´s for the info and for sharing the link with the comparison between the TK75 and TK61! :) The TK61 have a surprisingly amount of sidespill for being a thrower. It´s flood looks far better comparing to most other throwers like the Olight SR95S UT for example.

kj2,
I look forward to see a mini review of it when you receive your TK61!

Capolini,
The Husky Capo realy looks graceful!

Regarding the step down feature, from reading the translation the no shift down sounds like there is no step down at this light. If it is, i hope that it is timebased like on the TK75 so one can run it for full blast in 20 minutes intervals.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I have not had the pleasure yet of a modded light,but for me a tk61vn could be my 1st............................:D i can only imagine the magic vinh could work on this light.

Swede74

Enlightened
I'd like to see a diffuser (flip-open style) as an accessory for this light.

Capolini

Banned
DANNNNNG....

Thanks for finally getting/finding a link that shows the light. That is beastly. I wish there was something next to it for reference or that we could see the emitter.

That thing has a relatively HUGE reflector I assume. After seeing those initial beam-shot pictures I'm wondering if this is TOO much throw lol.

Portable Batman signal? :) How much more does this throw than the latest version of the Armytek Barracuda? Also it's a much heavier light being 4 18650's I'm assuming so we have to consider that if you want to buy one. The feel of the Barracuda might be much better in use though the run time is surely less.

If specs. are accurate it "out throws" the A'tek Barracuda by 163 meters. see post #8 on this thread.

kj2

Flashaholic
The TK61 is a competitor with my Olight SR95UT. Although I've to say, I hope it still has some spill, otherwise I might send it back.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The TK61 is a competitor with my Olight SR95UT. Although I've to say, I hope it still has some spill, otherwise I might send it back.

ALL reflector based LED lights have spill. They will make a focused hot spot surrounded by a slightly less focused corona, with an unfocused spill.

After that, its all a question of degree of each. The head has more depth, so, its going to have LESS spill than say a TK75...but it will still have some spill. The more spill, the less light there is to focus into the hot spot, and the less throw. IE: More spill = less throw.

kj2

Flashaholic
ALL reflector based LED lights have spill. They will make a focused hot spot surrounded by a slightly less focused corona, with an unfocused spill.

After that, its all a question of degree of each. The head has more depth, so, its going to have LESS spill than say a TK75...but it will still have some spill. The more spill, the less light there is to focus into the hot spot, and the less throw. IE: More spill = less throw.
I know how it works, but I've to see it in person. ;)

Swede74

Enlightened
Its Dutch, and they expect it in 15 days. The 10th what you read, is about returning-services.

I'm guessing it means you have until January 10 to decide whether to keep the light or send it back.

bedenk = think, consider ?
tijd = time ?

Am I right? I don't understand a word of spoken Dutch, but when I come across it in writing it is often surprisingly decipherable - to a degree.

I didn't mean to derail the thread, so back on topic: I can't wait for this light to become available, and for the funds needed for a purchase to accumulate on my bank account. It could very well become my first multiple Li-ion cell light.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
I'm guessing it means you have until January 10 to decide whether to keep the light or send it back.

bedenk = think, considerate ?
tijd = time ?

Am I right? I don't understand a word of spoken Dutch, but when I come across it in writing it is often surprisingly decipherable - to a degree.
Quite good ;)
Yea, if you purchase now, you can decide to ship it back till 10th of January.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Quite good ;)
Yea, if you purchase now, you can decide to ship it back till 10th of January.

I go order it now. Sort of TK75 look, but with much more throw. 800 meters plus!! WOW!

But what are the brightneslevels/modes?

Hope it has a very low moonmode.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I go order it now. Sort of TK75 look, but with much more throw. 800 meters plus!! WOW!

But what are the brightneslevels/modes?

Hope it has a very low moonmode.

I am also curious about what the modes will be, but i can tell for sure that there is not going to include a moonlight mode. Unfortunately and to the best of my knowledge, Fenix does not use moonlight modes on any of their flashlights.

Latest posts