Flashlight of the year-2016

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may also note my 'flashlight of the year' was not a product I sell, nor my favorite 'tool', nor my favorite 'cop light', nor my favorite 'toy'.....

I believe in the person who builds the products I sell. Yes there were 2 picks from that maker who is trying to get a small business off the ground. But they were part of my vast flashlight collection and were my favorite 'keychain' light and 'edc' long before I was a dealer. I had those 2 since they came out. I became a dealer a bit over a month ago. So it aint like I'm trying to use this thread to push sales. Quite the contrary actually.

It just came down to here we are at the close of 2016 and there was no "favorite 016" lights thread yet. So I figured that carrying on the annual tradition would be a good thing. Only this one would be different than the usual 'top 5' threads. And yeah 2 of my picks were lights that I believe in enough to invest my time and money into promoting for a guy just getting going.
Wouldn't be even more strange if none of my favorites were ones at my store?

Anyway... anybody got any categories they want to create?
Right angle light? Favorite 1 double A? Favorite 18650?, 18350?....

Thanks for opening this thread. I have enjoyed seeing people's choices.

My favorite of the year is the SC600FD PLUS. It's my first light with frosted lens and hi CRI. The PERFECT work light.

Personaly the BOSS looks like quite the light though. A class of its own.

Last edited:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Convoy L6

This is my vote as well. No other lights does all this light does for close to the price this light does it at. It is simple, dependable, long battery life, and BRIGHT when you need it.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC600 MKIII HI; it was released in December of 2015 but it's basically a 2016 light.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bit of a coincidence that you are a dealer for two of your "light of the year" votes?

Yes, it is a coincidence. Not the way bykfixer rolls at all.

My vote is for the Jetbeam Jet-u. Under $10, 100+ lumens of flat regulation for 45mins from a AAA. So small you don't know it's there and not too CW.

If there's a modded light category, the X7vn spec 1 is a tidal wave of light. 16000 lumens from a popcan. Say no more. :)

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Well my vote goes to Nebo's FLIP IT light which is a light switch light 210-lumens C.O.B. bright powered by 3 AAA's.

I had started a thread several weeks ago for the Flip It being the most creative light of the year-- possibly ever-- and because a light switch light is so creative (making a light out of something found in every room in your home, and which can be affixed to a nail or a hook, stickies attached to the back, or by its magnets) I would give it my vote for flashlight of the year.

It may not be the brightest light made this year nor be made of anondized aluminum but it gets a smile from just about everyone I show it to, lol.

On another note, it might be useful to come up with criteria for "Flashlight of the Year, 2016", OR just break it up into categories: brightest, most colorful, most creative, most convenient, most efficient, most compact, most innovative, best price per lumens (= best value), etc.

Great, fun thread!

- LetThereBeLight!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know. I got about 30 modified lights and 8 more coming...
for small size.. i will go with fenix pd35vn tac.
med size.. eagtac s200c2vn.
large size.. fenix tk75vn with the extended runtime kit.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked out the Overready boss lights that were mentioned and they are nice as hell, but jesus h they aren't cheap! lol

My vote goes to the Convoy L6.

archimedes

Flashaholic
So as not to overlook the artistic flair and custom metal wizardry of our resident master craftsmen ... I present a few of my 2016 favorites :)

In the category of Tiny E-series Custom Host ...

PR1FYOn.jpg

... @datiLED Ti-CR2

In the category of Huge Lumen Custom Light Engine ...

SlX8I4b.jpg

... @VoB Adventure Sport A3-Triple XHP50

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Manker e14/astrolux s41. Affordable, small, lots of copper so well heatsinked, nichia219, and the size/output is hard to beat on a stock light :)

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
My nomination (only for lights that I owned in 2016):

by battery:
1 x AAA......PKDL PL-2
2 x AAA......Lumintop IYP365
1 x AA.......Olight S1A
1 x CR123A...Olight SMini Ti Bead Blasted

and still the best (regardless of the year it came out)...
for SHTF.......SureFire C2 with Malkoff Drop-in, Fenix TK20, SureFire E2DL
for Keychain...Fenix E05 (single mode)
for Nostalgic..SureFire C3 with P91 (rumor has it that it's also the best in fighting vampires and zombies...)
for Zen........LiteFlux LF2XT

and may I nominate one more category for most controversially suspenseful flashlight of the year 2016... The NITECORE TIP! :grin2:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ So perhaps a 'best ever 016' category is in order too.

My pick for most contreversial was that kickstarter light a while back that some said was a fraud... I forget the name of the product but it was like an 8000 lumen silver tube... supposedly. lol

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
My pick for most contreversial was that kickstarter light a while back that some said was a fraud... I forget the name of the product but it was like an 8000 lumen silver tube... supposedly. lol
ahh... I remember that... ULed... man... that thing looks huge! :laughing: