HDS Systems #23

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The streamlight 1L-2L clip is less than $5 and shipping to Europe is more than $50. Does anybody know where this can be bought in Europe?

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
I have used them on all of mine for many, many years. They work great, especially for less than five bucks.
The stainless silver switch caps are very cool, and it would be fun for the buyer to have more choices in the EDC Custom-built line. I hope that not only stainless silver switch caps but also GTID reflectors and titanium bezels will be available again.

Jeff S.

Newly Enlightened
HDS Systems Executive NB35 with 18650 tube and black bezel.

IMG_0341.jpeg

Man I'm getting a kick out of this flashlight. I remember a decade ago realizing how much I prefer high CRI lights, and now I'm having the same epiphany about warmer CCT.

Edit: it should be noted, the picture was taken in the daylight, embellishing the warmth of the beam.

Last edited:

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to ask a question about programming preset C to 10 lumens (level 16) on a newly arrived Rotary.

This is what I did:
1. Enabled programming mode
2. click to turn on
3. double click to go to preset C
4. triple click and then press and hold for ~4 seconds.

The flashlight gives 4 long flashed followed by five rapid flashes. I think I misunderstood the manual...

ohio72

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to ask a question about programming preset C to 10 lumens (level 16) on a newly arrived Rotary.

This is what I did:
2. click to turn on

The flashlight gives 4 long flashed followed by five rapid flashes. I think I misunderstood the manual...

Watch these in order and hopefully they will help you out.

LRJ88

Enlightened

This is what I did:
2. click to turn on

You looked up this beforehand i assume? The click-click-hold part can be a bit finicky, but it shouldn't be impossible.

*EDIT* I didn't see that someone else'd replied already.

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
I subscribe to this youtube channel and watch it occasionally. When I bought my first HDS, I learned how to set it up from this video. When I want to change the settings for a change of pace, I watch it to check the procedure.

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
I got a HDS twisty at auction. It's an older model, but it works well. The color temperature was high, the spot was small and the light distribution was beautiful. The low mode was not red, but I wonder if it can be changed in the settings?
1IMG_8004.JPG
2IMG_8008.JPG
3IMG_8012.JPG
4IMG_8022.JPG

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a HDS twisty at auction. It's an older model, but it works well. The color temperature was high, the spot was small and the light distribution was beautiful. The low mode was not red, but I wonder if it can be changed in the settings?

If I'm not confused, then red can be on the TR85 (or T85R) model, but the regular Twisty does not have red. The model is indicated on the bezel, but the bezels can be rearranged

Well, yes, I was wrong, there should be an inscription Ra 85 Tr, table at the bottom of the page

Henry is a great guy, very few manufacturers keep the descriptions of old models and have to spend hours searching the Internet for old scanned catalogs

There is a wonderful Yahoo auction in Japan, did you find it there?

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
If I'm not confused, then red can be on the TR85 (or T85R) model, but the regular Twisty does not have red. The model is indicated on the bezel, but the bezels can be rearranged

Well, yes, I was wrong, there should be an inscription Ra 85 Tr, table at the bottom of the page

Henry is a great guy, very few manufacturers keep the descriptions of old models and have to spend hours searching the Internet for old scanned catalogs

There is a wonderful Yahoo auction in Japan, did you find it there?
Is this twisty the Ra-100-Tw in the table ? If there is a red mode, I would try to set it, but if there isn't, I have no choice.
I'm disappointed that there is no red low mode, but I like it because I didn't have a high color temperature HDS yet. It is too white for indoor use, but not bad for outdoor use.

I usually use Yahoo Auctions and Mercari a lot. I also use eBay occasionally. I recently purchased this Twisty on Yahoo Auctions.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this twisty the Ra-100-Tw in the table ? If there is a red mode, I would try to set it, but if there isn't, I have no choice.
I'm disappointed that there is no red low mode, but I like it because I didn't have a high color temperature HDS yet. It is too white for indoor use, but not bad for outdoor use.

I usually use Yahoo Auctions and Mercari a lot. I also use eBay occasionally. I recently purchased this Twisty on Yahoo Auctions.
So, it looks like I was wrong again, on the bezel of the Twisty only Twisty is written, without indicating the model :( Alternatively, if you do a factory reset, then if there was red there, then it should appear

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
So, it looks like I was wrong again, on the bezel of the Twisty only Twisty is written, without indicating the model :( Alternatively, if you do a factory reset, then if there was red there, then it should appear
I went into customize mode and checked it out. I could see that this twisty has no red mode, after the minimum level of brightness it went back to the maximum level.It was a good experience for me to learn how to set up twisty. I will try to use the default settings for a while.

PaperKnife

Newly Enlightened
I would also like to see a comparison between NB27 and NB30. I recently bought an NB45, so next time I'm leaning toward the opposite 2700k NB27. I still like low color temperatures so much that I use Incan lights, so I think I'll like it.

Old Quote? Yes, but I always appreciated coming back to this forum and seeing what users were adding in terms of beam shots, etc.
Like:
@WarriorOfLight
@jon_slider
@muichimon
@Hogokansatsukan
@desert.snake
Etc.

Just wanted to contribute a bit too and add to the madness.

Below from Left to Right:
HDS Amber 250mW @595nm
HDS NB27 170Lumen (2700K)
HDS NB30 180 Lumen (3000K)
HDS SS40 225Lumen (4000K)
HDS XP-G2 250Lumen (6200K)

53597527421_76c2877a67_b.jpg

53597737313_8f85ca8675_b.jpg

53597856309_9dc573380d_b.jpg

53596650047_173d1dc630_b.jpg

Last edited:

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
Old Quote? Yes, but I always appreciated coming back to this forum and seeing what users were adding in terms of beam shots, etc.
Like:
@WarriorOfLight
@jon_slider
@muichimon
@Hogokansatsukan
@desert.snake
Etc.

Just wanted to contribute a bit too and add to the madness.

Below from Left to Right:
HDS Amber 250mW @595nm
HDS NB27 170Lumen (2700K)
HDS NB30 180 Lumen (3000K)
HDS SS40 225Lumen (4000K)
HDS XP-G2 250Lumen (6200K)

View attachment 59354

View attachment 59355

View attachment 59356

View attachment 59357
Very nice to see not only NB27 and NB30 but also amber in the line. i didn't know about SS40 so i looked it up. it looks like the SST20 version that was sold some years ago in custom-built. This is another good color and I hope it will be sold again.

PaperKnife

Newly Enlightened
Very nice to see not only NB27 and NB30 but also amber in the line. i didn't know about SS40 so i looked it up. it looks like the SST20 version that was sold some years ago in custom-built. This is another good color and I hope it will be sold again.

@WarriorOfLight made a nice list of the different options that were available --> Here

Yeah, the SS40 is a clean "white" , at least to my eyes.

I always appreciated how warm incandescent lights looked and the NB27 hits the nail on head.