HDS Systems EDC # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Oh,
it is the Battery that came with the light 2 weeks ago.
Do you think it flashes because of a voltage drop when switching to 200lumens?

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh,
it is the Battery that came with the light 2 weeks ago.
Do you think it flashes because of a voltage drop when switching to 200lumens?
When the battery is low the light will momentarily turn off and then turn back on to 1 level below the previous brightness setting. I'm thinking your battery might be getting low. I'd try a battery switch and see if that fixes your problem, if it doesn't I'd contact Henry. I prefer rechargables so I can always leave my house with a topped off battery and have "guilt free lumens."

nbp

Flashaholic
the.Mtn.Man said:
Yeah, that too.

I'm aware of the vendor problems, and that's not Henry's fault, so I'm not upset with him at all. I know how it can be dealing with suppliers. But 3 months is a long time to wait for a couple production lights. :sigh:

I really don't care to bother him again to ask about order status. Has anyone talked to him recently to see how things are coming at the shop?

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
When the battery is low the light will momentarily turn off and then turn back on to 1 level below the previous brightness setting. I'm thinking your battery might be getting low. I'd try a battery switch and see if that fixes your problem, if it doesn't I'd contact Henry. I prefer rechargables so I can always leave my house with a topped off battery and have "guilt free lumens."

That is exactly what was happening. I took a new cell with 3,08V and it worked fine without turning off in between.
Put the 1st cell back in (which meanwhile has only 2,78V) and the short turn off is there again.

I guess I use the 1st cell because it only dropped t 2,78 from 3V. I want to make it empty.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm aware of the vendor problems, and that's not Henry's fault, so I'm not upset with him at all. I know how it can be dealing with suppliers. But 3 months is a long time to wait for a couple production lights. :sigh:

I really don't care to bother him again to ask about order status. Has anyone talked to him recently to see how things are coming at the shop?

Oh, oh, mind if I ask what (production) model you're waiting on? I received an approximate 4 week window when I ordered my raised button rotary a few days ago.

Thanks!

duro

Enlightened
All I want for Christmas is an old thread 17670 tube, an old thread 17670 tube, an old style thread 17670 tube. All I want for Christmas is an old thread 17670 tube. To go with my HDS older thread l-i-g--h---t that was purchased from a vendor new in July of 2011.

tgfuzzball

Newly Enlightened
I registered just to post this.

Last Thursday, a month after I ordered my clicky, I emailed Henry to inquire of my order's status.

He told me that, if all goes well, he was scheduled to pick up the parts from his vendor in person last Friday (Nov 18th) and should start shipping backorders this week if nothing goes wrong.

;)

nbp

Flashaholic
Oh, oh, mind if I ask what (production) model you're waiting on? I received an approximate 4 week window when I ordered my raised button rotary a few days ago.

Thanks!

A Clicky 140 and a Clicky 200.

I registered just to post this.

Last Thursday, a month after I ordered my clicky, I emailed Henry to inquire of my order's status.

He told me that, if all goes well, he was scheduled to pick up the parts from his vendor in person last Friday (Nov 18th) and should start shipping backorders this week if nothing goes wrong.

;)

:welcome:

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: Be sure to look around, you may like it here. ;)

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
I thought if the battery goes little bit empty the light just steps down a little bit?!
My battery has 2,78V
Preset B is the rotary mode and I turned the wheel to the lowest setting.

When I turn it on it doesn't come on every time in that moonlight setting
Or if it is on it wont turn off!!!
Then I 'll have to wait and after some seconds I try it again and it will turn off.

It acts very weird.
I thought I can run down the battery. But now it seems I can only use it from 3,0 to 2,8V?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I want for Christmas is an old thread 17670 tube, an old thread 17670 tube, an old style thread 17670 tube. All I want for Christmas is an old thread 17670 tube. To go with my HDS older thread l-i-g--h---t that was purchased from a vendor new in July of 2011.

LaughingSmiley.gif
.... Hold On, I Can't Breath! ................ Man duro, I guess the one I found was a new style thread! ... Sorry man! ....
embarrassed-1.gif

If I had one duro, I'd send it to you for FREE! ... Somebody, Anybody, can we help duro out? ..... Come'on It's Christmas!

Btw nbp, Thanks!

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

Btw duro don't know if it'll be cost effective, but I bet if you buy the new style thread (to acquire the tubes dimensions). Then take the light (so they can get the thread type and pitch) and the new style tube to a machine shop. I bet they could replicate it for you! Even customize the OD to fit your hand better or give it a custom feel!

Unless the shop has a blank stock of billet aluminum, you may have to buy it as well! Some metal shops has a bin of over cuts (?) or scrap that you can buy at a reduced price!

Last edited:

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened

I am not that familiar with the thread differences through the years with HDS as I bought my first one recently. But will this one work with your light or is it an even older version?
https://www.lighthound.com/HDS-EDC-...ry-Tube-Bare-No-Spring-No-O-Rings_p_2817.html

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once the 2AA tubes and high CRI emitters become available, my resolve to wait will probably fail.

--flatline

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
I thought if the battery goes little bit empty the light just steps down a little bit?!
My battery has 2,78V
Preset B is the rotary mode and I turned the wheel to the lowest setting.

When I turn it on it doesn't come on every time in that moonlight setting
Or if it is on it wont turn off!!!
Then I 'll have to wait and after some seconds I try it again and it will turn off.

It acts very weird.
I thought I can run down the battery. But now it seems I can only use it from 3,0 to 2,8V?

I guess my battery is nearly empty, as it doesn't go to the 30 lumen mode any more, it dims.
But I am surprised how fast I emptied the cell. That was two weeks.
The 2 cells in my 47s 123-3T still work after one year.

Last edited:

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
"17670 Battery Tube Bare, No Spring, No O-Rings"

Because it is pictured with Novatac parts it can have the same threads.
But it has nor spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.