HDS Systems EDC # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

duro

Enlightened

I wonder if a 170 tactical would work with that. It doesn't appear that it would considering the head and everything is on that compartment.

I'll probably just have to break down and sell my other lights to get another hds. Sad thing is I don't really want to take a loss, but on the other hand I doubt I'll want to use any other light besides the hds. Except maybe the lumintop td15x. Eh, I wouldn't use the other lights, but I don't want to let them go. Especially at a loss. Eh what to do....

The Sun

Enlightened
What was wrong with the light??

Not really sure....one day it was fine, and the next I noticed that if I had the light in my pocket while I was laying on the couch at night (light pocket side to the couch) the light wouldn't come on. Any other time it was fine, but if it got warm from my body heat being on the couch I had to remove the battery for about an hour and it would come back on until I laid down again for any length of time.

I talked to Henry about it for a little bit on the phone when I called to send it in. I thought it was the thermal protection kicking in, but Henry said that wasn't it. It obviously had something to do with the battery tube and tailcap since Henry replaced it and sent the light back.

Either way, it's as good as new now. That was the only problem I had ever had with it. Since I got it back I tested it out to see if it would have the issue again, but it works like it always has again. It seems that from looking at the new battery compartment and tailcap that the contact wire, and clicky have both been updated since the older model. The contact wire definitly looks to have better connectivity than on the old one.

I don't think there was any kind of defect with the light. It's been in every kind of bad environment you can think of, and used A LOT!!! Electronic parts/connectivity fail after hard use from time to time, it's completely understandable. It's been more than dependable, and the fact is, as long as Henry/HDS is around it will be running like a champ.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess my battery is nearly empty, as it doesn't go to the 30 lumen mode any more, it dims.
But I am surprised how fast I emptied the cell. That was two weeks.
The 2 cells in my 47s 123-3T still work after one year.
I'm willing to guess that the Rotary was a little more fun to play with then your 47s light, and hence got used pretty frequently the last two weeks. Also, from my understanding, open voltage readings don't mean a whole lot on primary cells, unlike rechargeable li-ion (open voltage does show the state of rechargeable cells). Here is a thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?193249-3v-primary-lithium-cell-what-voltage-dead.

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Yes I think I enjoyed it and used it more often.
Thanks for that link. The user says he has batteries with 2,85. Mine are 2,77V
I didn't know that you can't measure Lithium primaries like Li-ion or alkaline.

I will use this battery until it blinks every second, that is the sign for a totally empty battery according to the manual.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deleted Post! ...
whistle.gif

Btw though, is anybody gonna help duro out?

Last edited:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Btw though, is anybody gonna help duro out?

I believe the bottom line, with regard to the Lighthound $1.99 tubes, is that the light must either be a Novatac (120P, 120T etc.) or one of the OLD HDS lights. By OLD, I mean it should be etched on the knurling with EDC Basic 42/60 or EDC Ultimate 42/60/85. That was the series these tubes were made for, and that threading was carried into the Novatac lights when Henry (briefly) joined with them, and remains so as far as I know on all current models.

It for sure won't work on my High CRI Clicky. But I use it regularly on a Novatac 120P head modded with a High CRI Seoul, and with Hogo's brass bar mod that replaces the spring. With just the bar in there, it houses an 18650 just perfect.

nbp

Flashaholic
And there are only about 20 Legacy 17670 tubes in existence, so getting one of those is unlikely.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
And there are only about 20 Legacy 17670 tubes in existence, so getting one of those is unlikely.

Well duro, it ain't looking so good! But then again, we still got a ways to go till Christmas!

nutcracker

Newly Enlightened
Ehm, what about these?
http://shop.dkrsolutions.com/cr123-battery-case-flat-button/a-40/
http://shop.dkrsolutions.com/cr123-battery-compartment-w-sealed-switch-raised-button/a-41/

I don't know which threads they use.
But I think these are pre-ACME because the bezels with new threads are labeled "for new lights"

In their shipping information they say the only ship to Germany normally but you can contact them and they tell you if they will ship to you. Just write them a mail [email protected]

duro

Enlightened
Ehm, what about these?
http://shop.dkrsolutions.com/cr123-battery-compartment-w-sealed-switch-raised-button/a-41/

But I think these are pre-ACME because the bezels with new threads are labeled "for new lights"

In their shipping information they say the only ship to Germany normally but you can contact them and they tell you if they will ship to you. Just write them a mail [email protected]

Good score. That's like 79 dollars usd,. OUCH

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ehm, what about these?

Great detective work nutcracker! Gotta love this place! I hope duro know's how to speak German!

Well, I see he does! duro, I wouldn't worry much on the price if it's the correct one. Because if you ever decide to sell it, I bet you'll get your money back (or close to it) since it's a rare part!

duro

Enlightened
yeah that's the part! People are going to think I'm nuts spending that kind of money. If I can obtain it.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't know about that! So I am one of the lucky 20?

Yup, I guess you are! ... :thumbsup: ... and you may get a PM from duro now that he know's you got one! ... ;)

duro, if I need and could use the part? I wouldn't care if anyone thought I was nuts! Again, it's a rare part as well!

For example: I wanted to obtain a light that I have on back order! After which, I found an online vendor ledfiretourches.co.uk who had one in-stock so I ordered it this morning! Presently, I have one light on back order and one on it's way or soon to be anyways!

I also paid about $30.00 bucks more on a light because it didn't arrive nor did I want to wait for it to hit Stateside. The vendor (who happen to also be ledfiretourches.co.uk) selected the cleanest tint when asked, and when it arrive and saw that nice white tint. I haven't thought about the $30.00 bucks till now, since I enjoy using it!

Nut's? Maybe! But it's all about IMO (within budget of course) the enjoyment of obtaining and using a light!

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly, if I need and could use the part? I wouldn't care what anyone thought! Again, it's a rare part as well!
Think about it, I think the AA tube is the one that nbp was referring to? I don't remember the 17670 tube being such a rarity? If it really is that rare, then 2 out of 20 is in Singapore. One mine, and the other my good friend's.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think about it, I think the AA tube is the one that nbp was referring to? I don't remember the 17670 tube being such a rarity? If it really is that rare, then 2 out of 20 is in Singapore. One mine, and the other my good friend's.

As mentioned when I edited my post pjandyho! You may get a PM from duro! Even it it was a long shot, if it was me, I'd still give it a try! Like they say, all anyone can say is NO! ... LOL

Btw, you've got some "sweet" lights! ... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned when I edited my post pjandyho! You may get a PM from duro! Even it it was a long shot, if it was me, I'd still give it a try! Like they say, all anyone can say is NO! ... LOL

Btw, you've got some "sweet" lights! ... :thumbsup:
The tube is so dear to me such that even if I own the only one in the world I wouldn't even consider selling it. Well at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.