HDS Systems EDC # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Random thought: Who would be down for matching Cerakote, stock or Decretive clips?

I'd shell out $20 for the matching stock $8.00 clip...:devil:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have any 325 white wall beamshots?

Just ordered one from the hds website and I am curious if it has any anomalies in the beam pattern.

Sorry bro just tried. They didn't turn out how the beam actually looks in person. Also interesting to note. ( True Story ) after many of week white wall hunting and contemplating the beam a night came along when I had to actually use it outside in the backyard. Totally humbled. It's amazing how much all the nit picks turn into absolutely nothing when the beam is actually in use and not stared at from 2ft from a wall. Bad Forrest. :ohgeez: Its only then you can tell how much went into producing a "perfect" beam. Same result behind the armoire hooking up a new router.

IMO a lot of refinement went into the execution of this beam and in real world applications I think it's as perfect as you can get for medium to close range. Even down the trail a bit, pretty darn good.

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious if any reflector changes are going into the XP-L run and if the output could have been boosted to take full advantage of the range of output the led offers?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious if any reflector changes are going into the XP-L run and if the output could have been boosted to take full advantage of the range of output the led offers?

No. The beam will be the same as the current 325 lumens that HDS produces. No change in the power supply.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Sorry bro just tried. They didn't turn out how the beam actually looks in person. Also interesting to note. ( True Story ) after many of week white wall hunting and contemplating the beam a night came along when I had to actually use it outside in the backyard. Totally humbled. It's amazing how much all the nit picks turn into absolutely nothing when the beam is actually in use and not stared at from 2ft from a wall. Bad Forrest. :ohgeez: Its only then you can tell how much went into producing a "perfect" beam. Same result behind the armoire hooking up a new router.

IMO a lot of refinement went into the execution of this beam and in real world applications I think it's as perfect as you can get for medium to close range. Even down the trail a bit, pretty darn good.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Guess I need to stop whitewall hunting, and just start using it! :shrug:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Guess I need to stop whitewall hunting, and just start using it! :shrug:

Seriously.... YES.

I took it in the backyard like I said and it immediately was made obvious I was a :ohgeez:for making any observation from a WALL..... Killer beam in use.

We is a crazy bunch.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously.... YES.

I took it in the backyard like I said and it immediately was made obvious I was a :ohgeez:for making any observation from a WALL..... Killer beam in use.

We is a crazy bunch.

+1

The 325 is an awesome light with an awesome beam. I took it and my tactical 250 out on the dog walk this morning...while the 250 has throw, the 325 throws about as far with a more neutral tint and an amazingly large spot. It's just a fantastic light with a fantastic beam.

We is a crazy bunch, but this is one crazy good light. Forget those white walls - this is a light with an awesome beam that begs to be used!

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Talking about using these lights outdoors - it was beautiful clear night last night here in Scotland, so I thought I'd show you what I've been getting up to with the Hyper-Red.

Here's my telescope setup:

TelescopeHyperRed.jpg

The Hyper-Red rotary is perfect for an evening's viewing, with the unique ability to dial in just the level of illumination needed. And these are the sort of results that it's helping me to get:

Moon640.jpg

And a constellation shot of Orion (too big to post here).

For this last shot especially being able to preserve the old night vision is absolutely crucial. And my eyes not being what they were means I need a little bit of light on the camera controls these days - just a quick twist on the rotary control to get the exact amount and no more.

Thanks again Dan and HDS for making this happen. Those of you waiting on the second run - you won't be disappointed !

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talking about using these lights outdoors - it was beautiful clear night last night here in Scotland, so I thought I'd show you what I've been getting up to with the Hyper-Red.

The Hyper-Red is perfect for an evening's viewing. The rotary control gives the unique ability to dial in just the level of illumination needed. And this is the sort of results that it's helping me to get:

Thanks again Dan and HDS for making this happen. Those of you waiting on the second run - you won't be disappointed !

Moonshadow - AWESOME photos. Making me really eager to receive my hyper red. Clearly you are putting yours to great use - thanks for sharing the photos - they are superb.

nbp

Flashaholic
We've got about a week left on the Blue Cerakote interest list to get that rolling. I think we need two more takers to make it happen. If anyone else is interested please post in the thread in the Group Buys section at the MP. Thanks!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've got about a week left on the Blue Cerakote interest list to get that rolling. I think we need two more takers to make it happen. If anyone else is interested please post in the thread in the Group Buys section at the MP. Thanks!

If I could, I most certainly would, but I can't.

+2 for a BLUE run. Come on guys!

nbp

Flashaholic

Sorry, I got my dates mixed up. We have till the end of the month but if you want a Blue one with a 4000k XPL you have till the 15th to post that so Dan can order the emitters. Sorry. :ohgeez:

Thanks froggytaco. :) Mmmmm, frog tacos. :drool:

Lithium466

Enlightened
I'd buy two if I had the cash...but I haven't :(

quick question, what is the average runtime with RCR? I did some test with my modded 120 clicky (late GDP) and found between 1h20 and 1h35 before first stepdown (with burst enabled), depending on RCR (various brands and models). I thought the runtimes with RCR were supposed to be closer to 45min ??? Do I have a particulaly efficient light?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know where the numbers actually are, but if we really are 2 shy of the run thats a GO in my book.

There are a few hundred lurkers reading this thread that are wondering if a Blue run will come out...

In my experience every 1 time you read something of interest on the internet 100+ are thinking the same thing. Some will buy, some won't but there will be

more of a demand than just whats in this thread.

Just my 2 lumens...

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Hyper-Red rotary is perfect for an evening's viewing, with the unique ability to dial in just the level of illumination needed. And these are the sort of results that it's helping me to get:

For this last shot especially being able to preserve the old night vision is absolutely crucial. And my eyes not being what they were means I need a little bit of light on the camera controls these days - just a quick twist on the rotary control to get the exact amount and no more.

Awesome shots! Thanks for posting. I can't wait to get my hyper red rotary. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.