How many of you carry just one light.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for going off topic, but:

99% of the time, I only have one light on me: my JELED 55,000mcd modded Photon II
I've ordered a bag of fifty 55cd Jeleds, then received reports from another user of terrible beams and hideous artifacts.
How do yours look? Are their beams at least half-decent?
Thanks.

dcbeane

Newly Enlightened
Just to make you folks laugh:
I have an Infinity Ultra in my pocket now....and thats about normal for me. :sick2:
Its tough, dependable and is bright enough for about 95% of what I need a light in my pocket for. I had an Ultra fail on me once but it took a beating for years that I'm fairly sure would have killed a Fenix etc. early on. (but I'm willing to test any and all lights sent to me :grin2:)

I have other lights for throw etc. I just got a Malkoff and put it in a 4D Maglite ....love it but its a bit large for the pocket.

I just got a couple XRE 80 Lumen single AA lights from the CREE shareholder meeting (thanks CREE!!) They are on the CREE website under branded products I think it is. They are great little lights but with glass lenses and clickie switches they are just not going to take the beating that the Ultra will. They are something that gets tucked in a coat pocket when going into the woods or something like that.

kromeke

Enlightened
NovaTac 85P with Arc4 style clip (drilled & tapped it myself) is what I carry daily.

Before that, an HDS B42GTXR.

Before that, a SureFire U2.

Before that, an Arc LS first run.

Before that, no flashlight was edc'd, the little Arc LS started me carrying one everyday. The U2 EDC was pretty brief, as it is rather large to EDC.

mikehill

Enlightened
An Orb Raw 3w. Because it doesn't have a clickie I feel it will never fail me. It hasn't yet. Cheers Rob :wave:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Varies from day to day. Lately a silver P1D Q5 has filled the bill. Sucker sure is bright! I also like the Jetbeam C-LE V1 as well. Quicken has really helped the threads on that light.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Very interesting thread. :thumbsup:

Myself -- for 30 years (1976 to 2006), i carried (EDC) only one flashlight.

My story, for those who may not already know, is here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/141266

For 30 years, i always carried one (and only one) flashlight,
and i always found it to be a great comfort.

Funny thing is, in Spring 2006, once i found CPF,
i began to EDC carry MORE than one flashlight.

Now i carry several. :)

And use different ones in different situations.

And i can't really imagine how i'd ever "manage"
going back to just ONE flashlight.

Gee, Doc, what's wrong with me ? :whistle:

_

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I don't "Carry" any lights, unless you count the green NLS on my keys, BUT! I have lights placed everywhere I go! No matter where I am there is a light close by. If I am on a trip then I have my truck which is a portable fortress equiped with several HID's amoung others. I see absolutely NO need to carry a light. :crackup:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my PD always. On my key chain, I have my Arc-P.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's either the new L1 or the E1e with the LF HO-E1R lamp assembly. Living in a big illuminated "urban jungle" I have no real needs for a flashlight (and being a minimalist I hate carrying unneeded stuff). So I only carry one because of my medical condition-- Acute Flashaholinism.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
It's funny how the topic says "just ONE light" but most people are listing that they carry 2+

But don't look at me, I'll have at least 3-4 on me... :whistle:

One2gofst

Newly Enlightened
Well the question is how many of us carry just one light, so I guess my answer is "I don't know" ;)

I usually have a Fenix P3D in my pocket everyday. I am not planning on using it but it comes in handy a lot and makes a great yawara and is easy to carry in a pocket.

Also have a little button cell light on my keys, but who doesn't.

If I know I am going to need a light I will probably add an incandescent of some sort (just like the color rendition and throw better, especially in the outdoors).

LED Cool

Enlightened
well, i dont carry one when i am in the house. when i am out, i always have my car keys (not house keys) with me. so my car keychain has a LiteFlux LF2 together with datiled's custom stainless steel cap screwed onto the LF2 white diffuser which contain a spare Li-Ion 10440.

khoo

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry only one light around the house and at work but everywhere else I always have a light on my keys so even when I only put one light in my pocket, I end up with two almost always on my person. Certainly if my job or situation made a light mandatory, then I would never go with only one.

kavvika

Enlightened
Sorry for going off topic, but:

I've ordered a bag of fifty 55cd Jeleds, then received reports from another user of terrible beams and hideous artifacts.
How do yours look? Are their beams at least half-decent?
Thanks.
I had heard that the beams were pretty bad, and the only reason I bought some was because I had intended to do this:
edckeychainoe5.jpg

I originally had a new 100% brighter Photon II, but that was stolen at the end of second semester last year with my keys. I found my older Photon II, but the LED didn't cut it anymore. I really only read with it on the bus or in a car, and to find my way around in the dark, and don't expect it to throw more than a few feet, so I like the soft diffuse beam that sanding the LED gave. It lights up nearly everything in a small radius with a blanketing "5mm blue-whitish" glow, with no splotches anymore. I still wish I had my "old" new Photon II, as the LED actually had a yellow tint. But the 55,000mcd JELED's really are quite bright on a new set of CR3016's, and are perfect for what I need.

But to answer your question, yes, the beams were pretty bad before I sanded them.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are rare occasions where my Arc AAA-P DS is the only light I have on me. Don't get me wrong, it's a very capable, reliable light with very useful output. However, I usually like to have a light with a bit more output on me, as well.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Valpo Hawkeye --

Do you find your new Arc AAA-P DS to be

noticeably brighter than the CS model ?

_

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you find your new Arc AAA-P DS to be

noticeably brighter than the CS model ?

Yes, it's definitely brighter. It's not night and day or anything, but shining both on a ceiling or wall you can tell the difference. In real world use, one at a time, it's not quite so noticeable. Also, the tint on the DS is better, not so blue.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
My main edc is my Fenix L0D-CE. it lives on my keyring,
my second light is the Fenix L1D-CE it hangs of my belt