How many of you "Mouth Hold"???

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
I do it all the time with my RAW ns and that little sucker is totally upprotected......uses an uprotected battery too. What the hell......you want to live forever ?

Cliff

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not for me. I can usually find a place to prop a light to illuminate what need be.
Have had enough friends who've mouth held something only to find a sudden jar or such has now chipped a tooth or two. Not that my teeth are pretty to begin with. :p

Momma told me, "only put things in your mouth you intened to eat." :D

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not me, I catch myself when I find myself considering it. I have too much expensive. dental work I dont want to repeat. One being my very front tooth that I had broken out with a steel pipe when in 8th grade.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Some possible solutions to this:

1. Keep a couple of skinny rubber bands in your pocket -- and wrap it around that light's body -- just for times like this. I've already wrapped some of my more slippery lights with rubber bands -- simply to improve their grip. Based on this experience, I recommend those big purple rubber bands that grocers use to wrap broccoli. Think "organic high fiber," dude!

2. Maybe somebody needs to invent a pocketable "flashlight condom" for this. I am not volunteering my services.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
ohh ya..the worst is the U2, E1L..and umm while writing this I tried an M4 with 2 A19's

sounded like sand in the mouth. No wonder I got to a cosmetic dentist and he takes ALL my non-flahsligh money lol

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Definitely find myself "lipping" whichever AAA light I happen to be carrying on those two hands needed occasions. So far, my lights have been drool-proof.

Geoff

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
The minigag I used for a few years as #1 camping light still has the 2 layers of shrink tubing I put on it for that purpose! With a small, lightweight light, "lipping" it is second nature when I need both hands free, like today inside a friends computer. I've never dropped it in the commode or a urinal. :green: (Another silly, but funny thread.)

Larry

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Instead of holding the flashlight in my mouth, I use a six inch pocket tripod with a flashlight holder on top. Most of the time I just candlestick my Surefire L4. It's like turning on an overhead light.

CanDo

Newly Enlightened
try holding your AAA flashlights in your cheek, just outside of your teeth. Certainly not hygenic, but possibly more comfortable.

thei

Newly Enlightened
I've a Fenix L1T, and was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on how to make it easier to "mouth hold", as it's hard to put anything on the end of it as it has got the tail clickie?

Atomlite

Newly Enlightened
I do that when I need both hands and the light is small and lightweight.

GregWormald

Enlightened
Of course I do.
BTW--for those worried about sanitation--where do you keep your light that it gets dirty?
I keep mine in a pocket (or on a lanyard) and I'm happy to touch a sandwich with hands that have been in the same pocket.
Greg

simbad

Enlightened
This is my "teeth friendly" rubber o-ring set up that also works as a lanyard attachment.

Gap001.jpg