How many of you "Mouth Hold"???

Marlite

Enlightened
Since the group buy by Le Box I have been using a 1AAA clone for EDC with a 3/4" section of a "rubberized foam" gripper from a ball pen for a teeth gripper and found this very useful a couple of times. Wetting with alcohol eased sleeving. Slightly more useful was a clip removed from an Industrial Paint Marker that was sized to fit with pliers. This allows it to be clipped to a cap, collar or shirt pocket and angled to suit your needs. The clip holds tightly due to the "rubber foam" gripping the fabric for carrying. The light weight of the clone makes this "mod" a winner. I now EDC a Modded Dorcy 1AAA with rubber sleeve teething is no problem here. The clone is EDC 3.

Cheers, Marlite

Last edited:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
never mouth/lip/teeth hold any of my lights... they are either too big or is METAL!! with/without knurling on it....

i still want my teeth and my jaw...

on a side note: BJ :p

there is a LED condom, i think you can find it at the led museum.
they are called 'white cap led condom'.
you buy it over a blue led and tada, white light starts spewing out.

soapy

Newly Enlightened
Buy a Zipka. I used to mouthhold my maglights, many years ago. Now the Zipka is my EDC.

cloud

Newly Enlightened
Ive done it a couple of times holding my EDC between the lips in situations that required both hands to work... however

It doesnt taste too good, & its a little unhygienic & the possibility of placing germs in your mouth,no matter how careful you are.

Last edited:

Sable

Enlightened
Every now and then with my ML1 since I got it. Tried it with my GatLight and figured that the slobber would get in too many places. Lips to cover the teeth, people. I don't see as I'd ever actually chomp down on it.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a short section of road bike inner tube (~12mm) on my Proton - under the clip - so I can bite it without chipping my teeth or biting my lip. It is small enough diameter to fit snug, doesn't move around, and doesn't affect operation of the clip.
I thought about putting it on a P1 but that is more rounded with more lip friendly surfaces and I use it less as an EDC than the Proton. I also use the Jil that way without inner tube - lightweight and rounded too.

Catseye

Newly Enlightened
Shrink tubing works great. There was a thread recently concerning the various applications.
DSC00639.jpg