How many of you "Mouth Hold"???

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a die-hard flashaholic can ask their dentist to fit an Luxeon into a removable mouth piece. :D So when you smile, you -do- have a bright smile. :D :D

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a gizmo shaped like a whale tail that fits over the rear of a MiniMag AA. It's made out of the same plastic that hockey mouthguards are made out of. I used to get a fair bit of use out of it, but it's not first choice for lighting. :drool:

Bror Jace

Enlightened
If I worked with my lights more often, I'd have some better set-up worked out.

As it turned out, a beloved pet died over the winter and I walked into the woods one night at 10:00PM to bury her. I think it was about 10 degrees out.

I had the hole dug already, but just filling it back in with frozen soil took a fair amount of work. :(

The only light I brought with me was a AA Minimag with the Nite-Ize LED conversion. The amount of light it put out was about perfect but I couldn't hang it from a tree, leaving it on the ground (snow) didn't really work so in my mouth it went. I dropped it in the dirt a few times, wiped it off as best I could then back in my mouth it went.

It was a pretty $#itty night, all things considered. :mecry:

--- Bror Jace

Illum

Flashaholic
I think someone should invent a flexible polymer sleeve that fit over the back of the light like a condom that fits over a...well, nevermind

anyway, you get the idea...

When ever I "mouth" my Jr Luxeon...a bit of anodizing is scraped off, as this goes, I expect a few white rings to appear on the body in contrast with the black anodizing by next year...

Something thats flexible enough to fit most small lights yet thick enough so my fangs won't cut through...

Where can you buy Surgical tubing with the inner diameter of an AA battery?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep, lip hold my L1p and my L4
teeth hold my U2 which has a mini mag anti roll lens holder (that big ugly six sided rubber thing) stuck on the tailcap - it fits perfectly

Navck

Enlightened
I've done it before with my HDS U60XR, the battery tube works great, especially with the waisted area or the small grooves. (If your teeth can fit)

ScottyJ

Enlightened
I do all the time, with my HDS....I would actually call what I do a "teeth" hold, not a mouth hold. My one year old daughter does the mouth and slobber hold.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did that a lot with my first LED, the StreamLIght Jr. Lux.

It's perfect for the task. If you got to change a car tire, there is hardly any other way. One time I had to change a Thermostat in a car, crawled on top of the engine bay and did it both hands wrenching, SL in the mouth.

Never chipped any teeth. Initially I tried to hold it with my lips as to not contact the teeth, but your lips eventually get tired and teeth take over before you know it.

Eventually, I ended up licking - or I guess eating all the paint off its end.

Then the germs. You touch bathroom door knobs, turn your StreamLight (where is the click on button located?) then you stick that whole device in your mouth. Hm?

It's a bad habit and I haven't done it in a long time. I am still sometimes awfully tempted to stick the MiniMoglite in the mouth, but resist. The finish looks very nice on it.

frank828

Newly Enlightened
the other night i mouth held my Fenix P1 when i got home and saw that my trashcans were likely hit by a car and went down my street....argh

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
I did occasionally until I discovered HEADLAMPS! I have 3 of them now and always have one in my jacket pocket or a fanny pack. No more metal-mouth taste!