I killed my stinger *help*

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
tonight before i started work i dropped my SL Stinger XT -
now it wont switch off - can anyone suggest any problems ?
i have pulled all the front switch assembly out and although it is a bit cracked (it has been since i got it) it looks like it should still work - this is kind of irritating - i need the light for work - i dont have any other lights that size and brightness except for my 6p (which costs a fortune to feed)
what i want to know is - how/where to get it fixed (im in australia) or what should i get to replace it (i have been looking at the pila's and the surefire 8ax/nx)

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is you have any Streamlight dealers that do repairs they should fix it for free. My friend had his fixed for free.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Few questions:
-Is your assembly (when looking down the fornt of the light w/the bezel unscrewed/taken off) a tinted brownish color or black plastic?
-The switch for an XT is in the tail cap. Check that. Does it click on/off, is the spring mis aligned.
-The battery: check to see that the shrink wrap isn't damaged, and the positive tip isnt damaged.

How'd it fall? On its head, tail?

--dan

paulr

Flashaholic
Stingers are professional lights that get bashed around by LEO's and so forth all the time. Rest easy that replacement parts are available. I'd start by calling the number Cam posted.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
dano - its tinted brown plastic
the switch is still ok and the battery is all ok too
not sure which way it fell (head up or down)

Lightemup - thanks will give them a call

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's an older XT. On those charging/bulb mount assemblies, the metal contacts tended to get stuck. But, the only wy to see this is to remove the assembly.

I'd get a new assembly.

--dan

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks dano - i got a Pila to replace the stinger while i get it fixed i will probably then give/sell one of the two to my brother

thanks for all the help guys

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Hey Echo63, looks like you need to add the Pila to your long list of torches there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
probably not a bad idea - trouble is that "also other cheap lights" is about another 10-15 of them - and i want to add some more pilas to my collection - i was looing at the 2 cell ones next