I spent $30,000 in my first 6 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, awesome collection.

Now to the important questions.

First, are you guys interested in adopting a 52 year old, fat man? If so, I'm in.

Second, is your wife a good cook (this part is important) and since I hate to appear
sexist, I'd like to say that it really doesn't matter who does the cooking, as long as
the food is good.

Third, do you allow pets? I have a few rescue dogs that are the only thing that matter
to me and I'd like to bring them along please.

Just like you, I like flashlights a lot and I LOVE knives. I even design knives and if I find
a custom knife maker that's interested in making some of my designs one day, I'll have
some of the made.

Anyway, in 96 I think it was, I went to a knife show in Orlando to talk to one of the custom
knife makers about one of my designs and while walking around, drooling (and thankfully
I was pretty much broke at the time), they told me a story about a guy visiting one of the
shows one year with (I guess) two bodyguards.
He was walking around and pointing out the knives he wanted, the second guy was putting a sticker
on them and the third gay was paying for them.

Hell, if I could afford it, I'd do the same thing.

As for you having an understanding wife...I have no idea if she works or not but IF she doesn't and
you're the one making the money, I don't see why that would matter :)
That said, MOMMY, I LOVE YOU (again, can she cook?)

Finally, I have a case that's better than the Pelican cases that would be great for your stuff
(it's BIG) so PM me if you're interested or to discuss the conditions of my adoption..

Again, awesome stuff and congrats.
I would really like to see a pic of the knives please.

George

SOG

Newly Enlightened
Man, I wish I have 30,000 to spend...
but that is a very nice collection you have there !

Quest4fire

Enlightened
Awesome collection! Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful lights. They made me giggle like a little kid.!

I've been collecting knives as of late

Have you collected any custom knives by Jay Fisher? If not you should check him out.

fyrstormer

Banned
I'm not sure I've spent $30,000 total since I started collecting in 2008 or so. Definitely spent several thousand, but not $30k.

Of course, the fact that I started collecting flashlights at all is an anomaly in my life; normally I hate having more than one tool for each possible task, because I don't like having to choose between them. Not that there's much choosing happening nowadays -- I carry the same 3 lights every day now, and the others rarely get used because I know I'll never be able to replace them if they get lost, stolen, or destroyed.

Fortunately I skipped pretty much straight to buying titanium flashlights. That cut down on my expenses a lot, because I didn't throw money at a bunch of cheaper lights first. Probably less than $500 total to-date on aluminum lights.

Last edited:

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
cw_mi,

Yes, I have batteries for all and then some. I have no set rotation and only carry lights in AOTH as of late. My Hinderer XM's get the front pocket till Holsters are made for them.

If I could have even just one of them....whew!!!

Btw, I'm just curious, what charger/s do you have for all those nice lights of yours? Do you have your cells in 'storage mode'?

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I could have even just one of them....whew!!!

Btw, I'm just curious, what charger/s do you have for all those nice lights of yours? Do you have your cells in 'storage mode'?

I use four different chargers, depending on the type of battery. The batteries are rotated on a regular basis :thumbsup:

Thanks
Todd

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
Shado do you use a keychain light? If so which one? Awesome collection. Good for you for pursuing what makes you happy. Life is short.

Are you a lottery winner? Retired? Takes time to do what you do (collect).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Shado do you use a keychain light? If so which one? Awesome collection. Good for you for pursuing what makes you happy. Life is short.

Are you a lottery winner? Retired? Takes time to do what you do (collect).

$30,000 in 6 months . . . Who needs time when you've got money. :D

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
Still curious to know what keychain light a millionaire carries maybe carries on a keychain. Throw us single aaa crowd a bone...:)

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
This picture was taken last month showing my EDC set up,

Hinderer XM-18 w/Gator Holster
SPY 007 w/Gator Holster
Louis Vuitton Wallet
Omega Seamaster Watch
Les George Moku Ti Carabiner
Chad Nichols Moku Ti Multi tool
Hinderer Copper Investigator Pen (Left it in car)
IPhone

p1070579.jpg

Currently I don't carry a key chain light, I'm saving up for one :crackup:

theshoelacebandit

Newly Enlightened
I looked in the dictionary for the word Flashaholic and guess what I found? Only one word. SHADOThis is how one man tries to single handedly simulate the economy

Status
Not open for further replies.