Is Surefire discontinuing some flashlights?

TJx

Newly Enlightened
Not good news for those of us (me) with hoarder tendencies, now I'll be stocking up on spares like there's no tomorrow.

Hoard Schmoard, I just picked up my 9th and 10th A2 at the 1ndy 1500 Gunshow this weekend. I'm starting to think that even people around CPF are going to think I'm a little mental. But as long as people are going to sell minty A2's for $75, I'll keep buying.

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
I should say that the surefire m6 should stay as a incan and surefire can make a m6tl also the m6 seems to me to be a legend of its own its not good that there getting rid of incans on all the lights right now the m6 is my main booming light for walking home oorah for the surefire m6

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
The surefire is awsome light I didn't mean any thing bad its just sad that there getting rid of it

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the website guys... a lot of models discontinued.

It is now official!

DISCONTINUED:
LED
G3L Fire Rescue
Kroma
AZ2-S
Stratum
Z2-S
6PL Defender
6PL
G2L
L1 LumaMax
L5 LumaMax
Z2L

Incan
M6
M4
G3
E2D
E2E
6P
M2
C3
Z2
C2
G2Z

:mecry:

I'm not liking the direction the company is going, personally.
I feel the newer designs are cheap looking and not as tough looking, and I hate the lack of knurling!

Last edited:

ASheep

Enlightened
:eek::shakehead:mecry:
A sad day indeed :(
The venerable 6P has reached the end of its life... The mighty legend of the M6 is at an end... They will live on in our collections!
Tonight I'll light up all my Surefires as a tribute.

Cheers,
Alex

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sure is a sad day... a little bitter sweet though. I just paid for my UB3T pre-order and it's on it's way... :( :D :( :D :( :grin2:

carrot

Flashaholic

It is now official!
WOW! The unfortunate end of an era. I am shocked that the 6P was chopped but the E1E survived! Incans getting the chop from the lineup was a long time coming and some lights I'm surprised lasted as long as they did but still a sad thing to see.

Sailboat

Newly Enlightened
I noticed this and came to CPF and saw you had already posted the list..It's unfortunate. A lot of awesome models are gone.

Sailboat

Newly Enlightened
WOW! The unfortunate end of an era. I am shocked that the 6P was chopped but the E1E survived! Incans getting the chop from the lineup was a long time coming and some lights I'm surprised lasted as long as they did but still a sad thing to see.

Perhaps people are valuing runtime over output and the longer running, less powerful E1E was more fitting to buyers' interests?

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm not liking the direction the company is going, personally.
I feel the newer designs are cheap looking and not as tough looking, and I hate the lack of knurling!

And let's not forget perhaps one of the most important flaws for our hobby, the lack of modularity and lego-ability.

The future: A bunch of smooth textured, multi-mode, sealed head, non-interchangeable lights.... there's a market no one has explored yet. :ohgeez:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
And let's not forget perhaps one of the most important flaws for our hobby, the lack of modularity and lego-ability.

The future: A bunch of smooth textured, multi-mode, sealed head, non-interchangeable lights.... there's a market no one has explored yet. :ohgeez:

You are correct. I was going to point out some of these points myself, however I stopped while I was ahead of myself as I didn't want to go off topic!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
M4, M6, C2 AND C3??? I think I'm gonna go cry now...TGIF! I know what I'll be doing this week-end...a sad day indeed...once the initial "extras" get sold, expect C2's and C3's to fetch a pretty penny on the MP...sigh...can I get a hug here, please??? FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I saw that...maybe that was the only one they were selling enough of? Or because it's completely compatible with their "M" series weaponlights???

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
Maybe somebody can explain to me that they upgraded the m6 but not the m4 ???

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
They probably don't see the need between the M3LT and M6LT as the runtime increase from the M3LT wouldn't be too dramatic.

The KX9T can be used on the M4 body anyway, so you can still have an M4LT :)

Last edited: