Jackpot!!! X3T 5-watter. 10000 lux barrier broken!

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jackpot!!! X3T 5-watter

Howdy Luke

Believe me, when the MR-X's are built, the first test is a LUX test /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just completed a few MR-X turnkeys and thought I'd report on the lux readings.

The lux readings were taken from a distance of 1m from the front of the reflector. The beam was focused to the narrowest point possible. The MR-X was set to 1.5A, running 6 x NiMh in a modified 6AAto2D battery holder. The light source: X3T binned 5-watter.

Reading 1: 10,030 lux
Reading 2: 10,130 lux
Reading 3: 10,080 lux
Reading 4: 10,050 lux

The 10,000 lux barrier has been broken using a WHITE 5w Luxeon LED!!!

BTW, the beam was also WHITE. PURE WHITE.

**EDIT: lux readings corrected. 4 digit only.

branny

Newly Enlightened

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Really REALLY hoping one of them has my name on it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brandon.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes Branny, one of the three is yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif A black MR-X. PM sent.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Holy Schnikees, that's one hot beam (pun intended). I have to get on the horn and see what I can drum up. Maybe just a quick "need good 5W LS" post just won't do.

Now I would like to be the first to ask for BEAM SHOTS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

MenaceSQL

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

toneloe

Newly Enlightened

Does anybody know what 10,000 lux would compare to incandescent say like M3 with MN11 HOLA, US, Tigerlight, SRTH with N2......

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

hi beretta... beam shots from the MR-X would be the same as those from a SNII. It is just so intense that all you see is a white circular area on your screen.

menace... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

toneloe... I don't know but I am sure someone will be able to chip in here on that.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

And from left field, a new contender for Lux King! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Don, not really... but in the quest for brightness, the consequence may just have to be that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PS. Need to polish my wok first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

lux king huh...

anyone have any idea how much it would cost to vacuum-metalize an old satalite dish? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Ooh Man! Very nice. I could never get a reading past 9,999 lux because that's as high as my meter goes. May have to ditch the LightMan LM631 in anticipation of everyone getting X-binned Luxeons eventually -- hey Howie, what kind of meter are you using?

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

fb40a7e9.gif

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Re: Jackpot!!! X3T 5-watter. 10000 lux barrier bro

Congratulations on your acquisition. Any idea of MTBF runtimes? Thanks.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr B... It is a DSE (local manufacturer) model Q1400. This is the same meter that I used to measure the Arc LS, my SNII, 3AA, etc... Measures up to 50,000 lux.

Shankus... An open Paypal... cool. Can I fill in the amount /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lighthouse... This LS is from the same vintage as the other 5-watters you have seen, rated at 1000hrs.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Howie, thanks. Is there a U.S. distributor? Reason is the ones here (with 5 digit readotus) are all getting up into the rather pricey range, the LM631 I bought was under a hundred bucks, but the next one up the scale at that time was around $500...!

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr B, my meter has a 4 digit range but can measure to 50000 lux. Lux figures for the X3T have been fixed up in the post above. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I just went to the store's site (www.dse.com.au) and they have a nice and cheap one currently. It measures Lux and CP (candlepower)!!! Mine is different to that one. If you want me to get one for you, email me.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

So, do you think that 6 months from now, or a year, these X3T or similar 5 watters will be more available?

I sure hope so!

It is very difficult NOT to say "I WANT ONE OF THESE!"

I see one of these in a McModule, or a 3 cell, M6 mod, Direct Drive Mr bulk McModule.

Wow, I think I would be done buying lights for a while!!!

NAAAAAA! There is always something else to buy!

Well, if you find a source large enough, I am sure that you realise that you could sell them ALL here!

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

In time, one would hope X's would be as common as the U's are now. But for now, they are *almost* impossible to obtain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hotbeam