Jackpot!!! X3T 5-watter. 10000 lux barrier broken!

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jackpot!!! X3T 5-watter. 10000 lux barrier bro

Well well... impossible?? I believe there will be some more "X" mods coming out shortly. Just got wind that someone (not me) snatched up a nice batch of X3Ts. I wonder who it will be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Mr B? Lambda? Don?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
hotbeam said:
Well well... impossible?? I believe there will be some more "X" mods coming out shortly. Just got wind that someone (not me) snatched up a nice batch of X3Ts. I wonder who it will be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Mr B? Lambda? Don?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaaatt??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif
Where's my hound dog... Need to go sniff these out... Gotta go...
Bolt.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hotbeam,

Paypalled:)

Thanks.

Alan

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

how many lumens does a X binned luxeon approx make?

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alan... Wrong thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif This is the thread.

Isaac... All I can quote you is 120 lm, as per the spec sheet. I don't have the necessary equipment to measure lumens. ***EDIT. Oh, please see Phaserburn's post (3 down). I didn't have the flux scale handy.

Ledmodman... Hmmm... I am sure when they are ready, they will spring it upon us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right, but as certain bin flux P make xlumens and bin Q makes xlumens, etc.. I forget what letters the spec sheets go up to. I don't even think R or S or X is listed??

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hotbeam, IsaacHayes, allow me... from the Lumiled spec sheet. It's only weeeelllll over 100% increase from U to X bin... nothing to see here, move along...

U - 87.4 to 113.6 lumens
V - 113.6 to 147.7 lumens
W - 147.7 to 192.0 lumens
X - 192.0 to 249.6 lumens

LedmodMan, as you might wonder why I have this info on tap for just such an occasion, and to answer your question... I do have one of these en route!

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Phaser,
I have both the new and old Luxeon binning spec .pdf sheets on my hard drive at work, so I understand completely.

My ultimate goal - A XXoT or XXoU bin 5W for the Hotlips MR.

So did you mean you have one of the Hotlips TK enroute, or one of the "top secret" X3T's we haven't heard about yet?

Hotbeam,
I have a USA Dept of Defense "Secret" security clearance, so you can PM me with the contact info. for the next batch of X3T's and I'll keep it hush-hush. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Leddy.... ha ha ha ha... a comedian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif They are indeed very difficult to come by. Even when they are available, the demand drives up the $$$.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

LEDmodMan, I meant I have a MRX en route. If I had the X LS's, I wouldn't keep it a secret!

I think the variance in bin lumens ratings is enormous, even between consecutive ratings. Add a little hand picking by a discriminating gentleman, and you've got a unit substantially brighter than it's kin.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

X - 192.0 to 249.6 lumens

just curious, how are these being driven to come up with these numbers.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

The lumiled figures are for LS's driven to spec, ~7v 700mAh. Of course, if you read the small print, you'll find that the lumens rating is only accurate with a junction tempreture of 25 degrees C, which in practice is more or less unacheivable for any meaningful length of time without active cooling.
Still, its a whole lot of lumens however you look at it.And i want one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think that there are MANY on this forum who want one of these X bin LEDs, and I'm one of them. I have a flashlight . . .. *choke* . . .sitting in a DRAWER, . . .*gag, cough*. . . .waiting for an excellent LED to be put in it. Sure, it is possible to get some 5 watters still, but U and even V aren't good enough. I already have a W2 bin in a flashlight, so the next one I get will have to be better than that.

I tell ya, . . . there's nothing more heart breaking . . ...*with quivering voice* . . .than a flashlight in pieces, sitting in a drawer, . . . only wanting to shine. . . .. .. . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

I can't go on.

This has now become a matter of benevolence. PLEASE, . . someone sell me an X3TW LED!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

How much are these Mr X lights and where can I get one??

CHris

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is a thread in the mods section. Hotbeam and Burnt Retinas are the builders.

trailhead

Newly Enlightened
Re: Jackpot!!! X3T 5-watter

At the risk of asking the obvious, what does someone have to do, or where do they have to go, to get high-bin LSs?

Duane