Just got Ultrafire WF-500, what upgrades can I make to it?

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that is exactly the same bulb. My WF-500 is completely stock with no modifications and will only work with button top 18650's. There must be different WF-500's where the bulb spring makes contact with the battery itself. See the end of the battery tube in the picture? This is what mine looks like.
ultrafire-1.jpg

Actually it has some differences

Based on the bulb that appears in the pic, it is a philips and maybe your model could be the wf600, but you deleted the logo. :D

You can even have problems in the same way other lights that have flat contact.

Jay611j

Enlightened
Actually it has some differences

Based on the bulb that appears in the pic, it is a philips and maybe your model could be the wf600, but you deleted the logo. :D

You can even have problems in the same way other lights that have flat contact.
Pic is for reference only (not my light), BUT the battery tube IS the same as mine is hence why it is circled. I'm just simply asking if the AW 18650's mentioned here would work in my light. Thank you for your replies and help! :grin2:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pic is for reference only (not my light), BUT the battery tube IS the same as mine is hence why it is circled. I'm just simply asking if the AW 18650's mentioned here would work in my light. Thank you for your replies and help! :grin2:

Ok :thumbsup:

No drop-in springs + Flat top batteries = no contact. Unfortunately.

chewy78

Enlightened
I might think about it, maybe I will also put that in my shopping cart along with some bulbs at dx :twothumbs

chewy78

Enlightened
i want the warmer light of an incan :) i already have a fenix tk41.

Nightman

Newly Enlightened
I can really recommend you to get the Lumens Factory bulb, it's noticeable brighter than the original bulb but have the same hotspot.
The Philips 7388 bulb from DX on the other hand has a MUCH wider hotspot, almost no throw, but the brightness is up there with the LF bulb. The problem with the Philips bulb is the bad QC, I've got more than a few that's assembled in a way that makes it hard to get a decent beam. If you're lucky and get a good one it's a really great bulb.

On a side note I'm actually surprised that the Philips 7388 bulb never got the love it deserved from the incan people. Really bright and have no problem being driven on two lithium batteries, It's almost as it's made to be used in such a way. Great stuff.