New Years resolutions

chip100t

Enlightened
I will be ending 2021 overweight and overdrawn. And I am determined over the next year to shed the extra pounds and get back in to my bank managers good books.

So in 2022 I am not going to buy anymore takeaways, not one. And I am only going to spend money on essentials, so no more lights, knives or anything else I don't actually need. Obviously beer (in moderation) is essential 😂

Anyone else hoping to make changes for the new year.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For 2022 I resolve to make zero mistakes and quickly admit the occasions I do err. Same as this year, last year and the year before that.

I also resolve to fit in the pants I wore in 2019 and before. I'm already 1 belt hole smaller since thanksgiving with 2 more to go.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really should make a new years resolution to stop listening to the blues rock and grunge that I love so much, and listen only to upbeat music that I sometimes sort of like.
That means less Dazed And Confused, Communication Breakdown, How Many More Times, Come As You Are, Paranoid, etc, and a lot more Here Comes The Sun, O-o-h Child, She Loves You, Celebration Day, etc.

I have six years 70 pounds off, but maybe it is my music listening behavior, and not this world, that is to blame for my downer mood.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
My New Year's Resolution is to stop making New Year's resolutions. I have enough stress in my life with health issues I can't control and all the crazy things going on in the world today. Why add more stress? Besides, there's a saying that holds true today. Man makes plans and God laughs.

I really should make a new years resolution to stop listening to the blues rock and grunge that I love so much, and listen only to upbeat music that I sometimes sort of like.
That means less Dazed And Confused, Communication Breakdown, How Many More Times, Come As You Are, Paranoid, etc, and a lot more Here Comes The Sun, O-o-h Child, She Loves You, Celebration Day, etc.

I have six years 70 pounds off, but maybe it is my music listening behavior, and not this world, that is to blame for my downer mood.
A downer mood - that's nothing a great T-bone steak and a beer wouldn't cure. ;)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like to see how many minutes into the new year it takes to break a resolution. I mean, afterall it's not like the world championship is at stake or nothing.

One year I resolved not to buy any flashlights before Valentines day or something and I honestly think it wasn't even noon Jan 1 before I had bought some, but it was that year all those SureFire 6P's showed up at eBay for less than $30.

Plus I make any resolution I'm serious about at whatever time of the year it makes sense to resolve to change whatever needs changing.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Proverbs 16:9?

I'll add Proverbs 19:21: "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."
So the Lord gave us free will, put an apple in a tree, and sent us out of Paradise, on purpose.

I guess, I'm not liking that proverb too much.

I prefer to think that I have free will, and that the consequences of my actions, are my own.

Poppy

Flashaholic
My resolution is to overcome my fear of going under anesthesia for surgery, and having an orthopedic surgeon look at my hip. I'm sure that I have at least a labral tear, and/or may need a replacement, but in either case, it's a surgical repair.